Broadcasting Duo
You are not logged in, some features of Broadcasting Duo may be disabled! Login to enable these features!

Do not have an account? Please register, it's FREE!


Broadcasting Duo, the home of broadcasters!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to Broadcasting Duo the fastest growing and rapidly expanding forum and website around! Come be a part of the Broadcasting community that puts it's users FIRST.
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Count to 1500 using even numbers
Today at 9:35 pm by Brandon

» Train sets!
Today at 12:32 pm by 1mtvfan

» Count to 50 before a Regular Member posts
Today at 10:40 am by Brandon

» Count to 50 before an admin posts!
Today at 10:23 am by tester12

» Count to 50 before an admin or super mod posts
Today at 10:23 am by tester12

» Happy birthday 1mtvfan and TigerTankFan
Yesterday at 10:04 am by 1mtvfan

» The Walking Dead Discussion!
Yesterday at 12:30 am by 1mtvfan

» Moderator applications (Now Hiring)
Sat 03 Dec 2016, 4:01 pm by Brandon

» Member/Staff of the Month Winners - Official List
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:34 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
Brandon
 
tester12
 
bgradionetwork
 
1mtvfan
 
TigerTankFan
 
Top posting users this week
Brandon
 
tester12
 
1mtvfan
 
bgradionetwork
 

Share | 
 

 Microsoft Debate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
TigerTankFan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator


Posts : 908
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1372
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Thu 15 Jan 2015, 5:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

If anyone is wondering, Windows 8 was originally intended for mobile devices but Microsoft had to develop the 8.1 patch because many people still use a desktop computer rather than a mobile device. Unfortunately there's going to be a time when support for win7 (which is what I'm using at present) will end, but I'm hoping that this doesn't happen anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Brandon
Owner
Owner


Posts : 7014
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8308
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 6:30 pm

But that is the problem, no PC is built (really) well to last, because they want it to break after 3 years so you have to go out and buy a new one (hence the cheap price). But with Apple computers you that for your 1,000 or 1,500 dollars that you will have that laptop for 10 years. Windows PC are generally unpredictable and designed to last the minium amount of time so you must buy a new one.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:


BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 6:33 pm

if one looks after their equipment, it can last a long time, end of story
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brandon
Owner
Owner


Posts : 7014
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8308
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

Only for as long as it was built to last.


I will give you an example: I have a portable  dvd player that I take good care of, never dropped it kept it in its case etc. One day the lock to the disk tray/area broke. Now I took great care of it, never dropped it. So why did it break? Because it was not built to last. It was made that way by the manfuctarer on purpose so it will break easy so you have to buy a new one. That was a true story and I still have that DVD player today (made a makeshift velcro fix).

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:


BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 7:03 pm

that's a dvd player, not a laptop, therefore making it a completely different situation. laptops will last for years as long as you care for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brandon
Owner
Owner


Posts : 7014
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8308
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 7:08 pm

But it is perfect example about how things can only work for as long as they were made to despite how well the owner treats it. PC's are not built to last, that is the truth, yes once in a rare blue moon you will get lucky and get that laptop that works for 10 years.

Do you see what I saying? PC'S are unpredictable (and are designed to be so for a reason), but Apple computers are not, because they build every computer to last. So you its constistency is what I am saying.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:


BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 7:14 pm

PC laptops can last for years as long as they are well built, a cheap one will not last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TigerTankFan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator


Posts : 908
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1372
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 7:16 pm

Agreed Brandon, one has to look after their computer in a respectful manner otherwise they won't last very long... and computers are expensive these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brandon
Owner
Owner


Posts : 7014
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8308
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 7:18 pm

That is the problem, they are ALL cheap nowadays. The desktops are the only expensive ones really. But they are all cheap. If you have money you either get an Apple Computer or what the poor guys got. Windows Pc's have no special co outer for the rich. They are all built cheap. That is why I said they are unpredictable. It is reward vs. Risk it is up to the user's prefrence and risk takjng.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:


BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 7:35 pm

not true, a well built PC laptop can be just a pricey as any Desktop PC
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brandon
Owner
Owner


Posts : 7014
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8308
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 7:54 pm

It is clear you have not bought a computer in a while. They do not make "well built computers" anymore. It is just like cars, they build them cheaper so they are affordable to all. I will rehash the old saying: They don't make em like they used to.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:


BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 8:01 pm

there are still well built computers, but the quality is suffering, that is a trade off with affordability
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brandon
Owner
Owner


Posts : 7014
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8308
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 8:31 pm

No there are not. The only computers that are still built to last no matter what you do on it. It is the hardware that makes an apple computer better. There is nothing wrong with Windows as a software and there is only very slight differences and software. Also Macs and Apple computers can operate on Windows if you want it too. See Microsoft does not make its own computers, just software and companies like HP, Acer, Dell, etc build the computers themselves. Apple makes the computer and software, so they can allow you to use Windows on it because they are making money on the computer itself. That is the difference, Microsoft makes money on its software not computers. An apple computer can work off any operating system (windows or Linux) because it is the hard ware that gives it the edgw over the competition. Not the software inside it (which does not really matter with mac).


_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:


BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 8:38 pm

even though it says apple is it still a PC , there is nothing that can be done, and they are built almost as cheap as any PC is, even if you think it's better, it's still cheaply made. A good laptop will last you years, it's a PC world, even if you think you're using a mac, it's still a PC inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brandon
Owner
Owner


Posts : 7014
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8308
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm

@tester12 wrote:
@1mtvfan wrote:
not really, they are the same in price and performance

That is the silliest thing I ever heard, here is EVIDENCE that your wrong (though honestly one should not need proof if they ever used or heard of a mac): http://gizmodo.com/5033865/study-average-mac-computer-price-more-that-twice-that-of-average-pc

No they are not just as cheap! If you read the article testee provided you would see that.

Just so we are clear we are talking about an operating system, we are talking about a COMPUTER. A Mac IS NOT an operating system, it a COMPUTER. This computer has better and more expensive HARDWARE (power, battery, hard drive, motherboard, etc), this give a Mac a really long life cycle of 10 years or more. Windows is an OPERATING system, it is not a computer, it just OPERATES a computer. Apple builds better computers then the cheap 3RD PARTY companies that build computers for Wjndows. That is why it is not a PC, because it is a COMPUTER not a OPERATING SYSTEM. We are comparing a computer with an OPERATING SYSTEM.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:


BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com
TigerTankFan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator


Posts : 908
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1372
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 10:02 pm

As far as I'm concerned, people get what they're willing to pay for... and such very much depends on the individual person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 10:33 pm

PC or mac, you're getting a PC either way, case closed
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brandon
Owner
Owner


Posts : 7014
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8308
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Sun 08 Mar 2015, 10:39 pm

No there not. A mac is the competitor of the pc.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:


BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:53 am

but geared the same way to run windows, therefore a mac is just a PC with the Apple brand
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TigerTankFan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator


Posts : 908
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1372
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Mon 09 Mar 2015, 1:16 pm

yeah, that's true
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bgradionetwork
VIP Member
VIP Member


Posts : 2315
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 2608
Join date : 2014-12-21
Location : The Web

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Mon 09 Mar 2015, 2:05 pm

@1mtvfan wrote:
but geared the same way to run windows, therefore a mac is just a PC with the Apple brand

@TigerTankFan wrote:
yeah, that's true

No, the difference is a PC can ONLY operate on Windows, but a Mac can work either on an Apple Operating system or Windows, you get options. A Mac is just a computer, a PC is simply a computer with WINDOWS ONLY. That is what separates a mac and a pc
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/sitemaker44/bgradionetwork
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Mon 09 Mar 2015, 7:15 pm

that's not the point, because mac can run windows, it makes it the same as a PC, but a PC can also run Linux if so desired, as can a mac i'm sure, therefore PC and Mac are exactly the same, evenm tough one has the apple brand on it
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
bgradionetwork
VIP Member
VIP Member


Posts : 2315
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 2608
Join date : 2014-12-21
Location : The Web

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Tue 10 Mar 2015, 9:29 am

No a PC can only specificly run on Windows. A Mac can run on anything, it is just a computer. A pc is built by many different 3rd party (do not work for Microsoft) companies, a MAC is built ONLY by Apple, can operate on any operating system and has much better hardware.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/sitemaker44/bgradionetwork
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:29 am

A PC can run Linux or Windows, a MAC can run anything, because it is geared exactly like a PC
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
tester12
Super Moderator/Support Moderator
Super Moderator/Support Moderator


Posts : 2862
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 3382
Join date : 2011-01-01
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Wed 11 Mar 2015, 6:40 am

@1mtvfan wrote:
A PC can run Linux or Windows, a MAC can run anything, because it is geared exactly like a PC
Sorry your wrong, if it is EXACTLY like a pc, why can it run on Apple Operating system and why is it so expe esive? I think your missing a huge point, which is the fact a pc can and is made by like 90 million 3rd party companies, they are not ALL same, but they are unpredictable. Mac is buil5 by Apple and APPLE ONLY. I am sorry, but you are wrong with a capital W. Just because it is a flexible COMPUTER does NOT make it a pc or in anyway SIMILAR or "GEARED" the same.

_________________

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now a Super Moderator/Support Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com
1mtvfan
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 5944
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 6548
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Debate   Wed 11 Mar 2015, 2:03 pm

because it is gears to run leopard or windows, or linux, there fore it is still a PC
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
Microsoft Debate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broadcasting Duo :: Off-Topic :: General Chit Chat-