I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train sets!
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:33 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:32 pm by TigerTankFan

» Praise FM
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Vote_l14Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Voting14Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Empty Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by debbienjgirl Sat 25 Jul 2015, 1:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

I prefer cats because number 1. They are independent.  2.because they are easier to take care of.  3. They are very clean and very cuddly
debbienjgirl
debbienjgirl
Radio Communication Intern

Smart Coins : 278

Back to top Go down

Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 22 Nov 2015, 7:07 pm

cat, more independent, and don't need a walk every day
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by Brandon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 8:52 pm

DJJosh wrote:I would say cats Smile

1mtvfan wrote:cat, more independent, and don't need a walk every day

Both of those are very true! Smile

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Social10Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Social11Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Youtub13Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 22 Nov 2015, 9:53 pm

plus a cat knows how to use a box almost right away, a dog you have to train and train and train
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 29 Nov 2015, 4:38 pm

I agree with Charlie cats are more independent and dogs need to have a walk everyday plus they bark at the dumbest things ever Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 11 Jul 2016, 9:47 am

Bump!

Brandon

Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Brando10
Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Social10Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Social11Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Youtub13Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat?  And why? - Page 2 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 11 Jul 2016, 1:35 pm

i've had both, but i'd say a cat, because they know how to use a box almost right after you show them where it is
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:34 pm

Yeah cats are definitelly the animal that requires the least maintence and the one that can for the most part, take care of itself. All you got to do is, put some food and water in a bowl, clean out the litter box and take them to the vet when needed and that is about it. The cats will take care of themself for the rest. No walking it everyday, no nothing. Very Happy

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:15 pm

every pet has the need for a vet visit at some point though
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 01 Sep 2016, 6:35 pm

Maybe this makes me sound biased & judgemental, but both cats & dogs above 6 months of age now need to have a monthly license in Winnipeg Canada (as of 9/1/2016). Much to my frustration, this can cost up to $15 a month & this cost is per animal. So its pretty obvious that my preferred pet would be one that can kept in a cage (like a guinea pig or a hamster).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 01 Sep 2016, 8:08 pm

They make you get a license to have a pet cat or dog? That is stupid! What is the reason behind that?

Last edited by Brandon on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 01 Sep 2016, 8:31 pm

cash grab, plain and simple
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 21 Dec 2016, 8:17 pm

I'm a little hazy on the details of this, but the city has said that having a licensed cat or dog makes it easier to control them, but such doesn't apply to anything but cats. Personally I think of it as nothing more than a blatant cash grab, but the only way to protest the 100% rubbish law is to not have a pet cat or dog.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 22 Dec 2016, 9:14 am

1mtvfan wrote:cash grab, plain and simple  

TigerTankFan wrote:I'm a little hazy on the details of this, but the city has said that having a licensed cat or dog makes it easier to control them, but such doesn't apply to anything but cats. Personally I think of it as nothing more than a blatant cash grab, but the only way to protest the 100% rubbish law is to not have a pet cat or dog.

Wow yeah that is a lie. Sounds like a cash grab to me as well. I wonder what would happen if someone refused to register their pet.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 22 Dec 2016, 10:40 am

well, if they refuse the law, they would be charged a major fine, along with a boarding fee for every day the cat or dog is housed in an animal shelter should it be picked up after roaming free and unleashed
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Sat 24 Dec 2016, 10:49 am

1mtvfan wrote:well, if they refuse the law, they would be charged a major fine, along with a boarding fee for every day the cat or dog is housed in an animal shelter should it be picked up after roaming free and unleashed

Well that definitelly sounds like a money grab to me.

If I lived in Winnipeg I would not pay either or the registerstation fee. Surely this law must be illegal somehow and can beaten in court. Do you guys have a supreme court over there in Canada?

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now the site's only Super Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Smart Coins : 5531

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 26 Dec 2016, 10:15 pm

tester12 wrote: Well that definitely sounds like a money grab to me.

If I lived in Winnipeg I would not pay either or the registration fee. Surely this law must be illegal somehow and can beaten in court. Do you guys have a supreme court over there in Canada?

well, yes there is, but this is a city law, not federal one, so tester, your best bet would be avoiding pet ownership if you lived in Winnipeg, as this is a law to help control the epidemic problem of feral cats roaming in the city, and also added to that would be the spay/neuter fee should your animal be able to breed
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by debbienjgirl Tue 27 Dec 2016, 11:52 am

Cats, they are loving,indendant and clean
debbienjgirl
debbienjgirl

Smart Coins : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 27 Dec 2016, 3:38 pm

has this thread restarted or something
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 05 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm

tester12 wrote:
1mtvfan wrote:well, if they refuse the law, they would be charged a major fine, along with a boarding fee for every day the cat or dog is housed in an animal shelter should it be picked up after roaming free and unleashed

If I lived in Winnipeg I would not pay either or the registerstation fee. Surely this law must be illegal somehow and can beaten in court. Do you guys have a supreme court over there in Canada?

People are resisting this law to the best of their ability tester (with a compliance rate of less than 40% among Winnipeg residents), but most people can't afford the costs associated with going to court. And I for one doubt that Canada's Supreme Court would hear this case.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:10 pm

this is is a city law, not a federal or regional one, but if you decided to live outside any city, there is little the city bylaw officers could do
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 07 Feb 2017, 9:04 am

1mtvfan wrote:
tester12 wrote: Well that definitely sounds like a money grab to me.

If I lived in Winnipeg I would not pay either or the registration fee. Surely this law must be illegal somehow and can beaten in court. Do you guys have a supreme court over there in Canada?

well, yes there is, but this is a city law, not federal one, so  tester, your best bet would be avoiding pet ownership if you lived in Winnipeg, as this is a law to help control the epidemic problem of feral cats roaming in the city, and also added to that would be the spay/neuter fee should your animal be able to breed

TigerTankFan wrote:
tester12 wrote:

People are resisting this law to the best of their ability tester (with a compliance rate of less than 40% among Winnipeg residents), but most people can't afford the costs associated with going to court. And I for one doubt that Canada's Supreme Court would hear this case.  

1mtvfan wrote:this is is a city law, not a federal or regional one, but if you decided to live outside any city, there is little the city bylaw officers could do

It doesn't usually matter whether it is a local, state (or province in your case), federal law. Supreme courts usually deal with whether a law is constitutional or not. It does not matter what level the law is on.

Atleast in USA it is like that because of our constitution, I am not sure if it works the same in canada or not because I am not sure if you guys have a constitution or not.

Either way, a supreme court in canada should take any case in the country.

I really don't see how that law helps keep down the stray population. If anything I would think it might make it worse as people who really do not wish to pay for the registration fee or fines MIGHT abandon their cats and hence making another stray cat.

Instead maybe winnipeg should focus their efforts on no kill shelters that can let more of the strays get adopted by loving permanent families. That to me seems like it might bring down the stray population alot more effectively.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 07 Feb 2017, 10:28 am

there's a few no kill shelters in my city, but they are few and far between, however, as i said, this is a city law, so if you lived outside the city, there is nothing the officers could do to enforce this law

Last edited by 1mtvfan on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 11 Feb 2017, 6:59 pm

I recall that the CEO of my city's tax-funded animal control agency saying something about this actually, but it resulted in one of the no-kill shelters making an apology demand (which didn't work). Also, while its a little off topic, Winnipeg also has a law that effectively bans all circuses.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 11 Feb 2017, 7:54 pm

TigerTankFan wrote:I recall that the CEO of my city's tax-funded animal control agency saying something about this actually, but it resulted in one of the no-kill shelters making an apology demand (which didn't work). Also, while its a little off topic, Winnipeg also has a law that effectively bans all circuses.

Only if the circus has animal acts would it be banned
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 12 Feb 2017, 10:26 am

1mtvfan wrote:there's a few no kill shelters in my city, but they are few and far between, however, as i said, this is a city law, so if you lived outside the city, there is nothing the officers could do to enforce this law

1mtvfan wrote:
TigerTankFan wrote:I recall that the CEO of my city's tax-funded animal control agency saying something about this actually, but it resulted in one of the no-kill shelters making an apology demand (which didn't work). Also, while its a little off topic, Winnipeg also has a law that effectively bans all circuses.

Only if the circus has animal acts would it be banned

Sounds like Winnipeg has some pretty silly laws. Razz

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum