I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train sets!
Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:33 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:32 pm by TigerTankFan

» Praise FM
Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
No user

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Highway Thru Hell Discussion

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 Empty Highway Thru Hell Discussion

Post by Brandon Sun 05 Apr 2015, 1:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this topic users can discuss any and all things about, relating to or on the television show 'Highway Through Hell' in this topic.

You can discuss anything on this television show in this topic, just be sure to respect others opinions, if you are going to post anything that might spoil a future episodes for others you must put spoiler tags around the content that can spoil it:
Code:
 [spoiler]  [/spoiler]
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Highway Thru Hell Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Highway Thru Hell Discussion

Post by Brandon Tue 02 Jun 2015, 2:44 pm

1mtvfan wrote:they rely on money from their work, as it is almost certain that they make so little from the show, bills are always coming in, and if there is no money coming in from work, there is nothing else to do but try and cut costs, which means layoffs, i know it's hard to believe, bu the crewmen were REALLY laid off.

I know they were REALLY "laid off" thats the part you always miss in my posts...

Yes your right, theh don't use the money from the show because they have to make seem like they are NOT GETTING that money from the tv station. That is what I meant by 'acting', the company has to pretend their not getting that money in order to get the money. .

Also for a company that supposedly has very little money that they cant keep their workers, that new multi MILLION dollar truck, sure looks nice.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:49 pm

that was after the crew were laid off, and when the company got some money coming back in.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:57 pm

Its true... Jamie Davis did have to lay people off due to a slow-down in business
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:22 pm

1mtvfan wrote:that was after the crew were laid off, and when the company got some money coming back in.

TigerTankFan wrote:Its true... Jamie Davis did have to lay people off due to a slow-down in business
Hmm... So they were in so much finicial trouble that got out of it only to buy a mti million double truck. Million! That doesnt sound like they were too much trouble, most private companies are lucky to hit a million in their years of operation!
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm

the truck was attained AFTER the money coming in was back up to substantial level.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:42 pm

Jamie felt that such was needed in order to cut operating costs (and he also spent a lot of time complaining about people wearing work gloves once then tossing them away).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:05 pm

that is not the reason for the layoffs, the layoffs were because of the lack of money coming in, yet the bills continued to pile in
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:19 pm

TigerTankFan wrote:Jamie felt that such was needed in order to cut operating costs (and he also spent a lot of time complaining about people wearing work gloves once then tossing them away).

1mtvfan wrote:that is not the reason for the layoffs, the layoffs were because of the lack of money coming in, yet the bills continued to pile in

I betcha once the 'money' started coming in again he never offered those laid off a job again before buying the multi million dollar truck?
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:53 pm

probably not, but i am sure they would come back if they were asked to
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:10 pm

1mtvfan wrote:probably not, but i am sure they would come back if they were asked to

Thats why I said they never had any geniune money probably, because most towing companies... With money problems dont buy multi million dollar trucks. Heck most towing companies dont even MAKE a million dollars in a year. Just further proof that they never had any real money problems to begin with.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:39 pm

if they didn't have money problems, the layoffs wouldn't have happened, but the did because they had bills to pay and no money was coming in, that's why the crewmen were let go. the truck was acquired AFTER the money had come back in
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 04 Jun 2015, 6:35 am

1mtvfan wrote:if they didn't have money problems, the layoffs wouldn't have happened, but the did because they had bills to pay and no money was coming in, that's why the crewmen were let go. the truck was acquired AFTER the money had come back in
So your telling me a company that struglled to pay bills came back and made millions in 2 or 3 years and had a enough to spare to buy the truck and still pay the bills? I don't believe that.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:23 pm

well a lot can change in a year.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by bgradionetwork Thu 04 Jun 2015, 1:19 pm

1mtvfan wrote:well a lot can change in a year.

Come on... Millions of dollars!?! The only way that is possible is if they never had money problems to begin with.
bgradionetwork
bgradionetwork
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 4344

http://www.wix.com/sitemaker44/bgradionetwork https://www.youtube.com/bgradionetwork12

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:18 pm

i know it doesn't seem like a lot of time, but a year is still a lot of time for things to change, in the business world a year can make a world of difference.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 04 Jun 2015, 3:59 pm

1mtvfan wrote:i know it doesn't seem like a lot of time, but a year is still a lot of time for things to change, in the business world a year can make a world of difference.

I think your missing my point, a company can get out of finicial trouble in a year, not become millionaires with enough to spare a brand new very expensive truck that most companies can only dream of.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 04 Jun 2015, 4:26 pm

the point is that a lot can change in a year for a business, a year can make or break a business.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 04 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm

1mtvfan wrote:the point is that a lot can change in a year for a business, a year can make or break a business.

If a company is in finical trouble, they dont become multi millionaires in only 3 years time. This is evidence that they never were never in any trouble to begin with, therefore the lay offs were not needed. Which is what I have been saying the whole time.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 04 Jun 2015, 7:08 pm

that's not the point, yes they get paid by discovery communications for the air time, but they do not rely on it to pay bills, they pay bills with the money coming from the tows and rescues they perform. but if there is no money coming in, they cannot keep their workers paid, so that means laying them off to cut some costs, because there is always bills to pay
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 04 Jun 2015, 7:35 pm

1mtvfan wrote:that's not the point, yes they get paid by discovery communications for the air time, but they do not rely on it to pay bills, they pay bills with the money coming from the tows and rescues they perform. but if there is no money coming in, they cannot keep their workers paid, so that means laying them off to cut some costs, because there is always bills to pay

Whether they rely on it or not is beside the point, the point is they have the money. Wether they can or do use the money, is on them.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:40 pm

Okay, I am only going to say this one more time... Jamie Davis had to lay people off because the company makes most of its money from rescuing cars and heavy trucks from crashes caused by major winter snowfall. Since the season came to an end (according to the most recent episode I've seen), there wasn't as much business to be had. Since this dramatic decrease in business resulted in more expenses for his company, he felt that letting some people go was the best way to reduce his operating costs.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:06 am

TigerTankFan wrote:Okay, I am only going to say this one more time... Jamie Davis had to lay people off because the company makes most of its money from rescuing cars and heavy trucks from crashes caused by major winter snowfall. Since the season came to an end (according to the most recent episode I've seen), there wasn't as much business to be had.  Since this dramatic decrease in business resulted in more expenses for his company,  he felt that letting some people go was the best way to reduce his operating costs.

I will admit Brandon has a point, even though they were probably genuinely laid off, it is highly likely that they were ever in any true finicial danger. Very few companies actually ever reach a million dollars in revenue and still have that much after all the bills are paid. This company has mutli millions, they have enough money to pay the bills, employees and buy a brand new, state of the art truck worth a couple million dollars. This company may have had a slow year and it probably got questionable for awhile, but they were probably not in any true danger or debt, or else they wouldn't be multi millionaires. I am sorry, I don't care how much bussinessnyou make, if you have mutli million dollars now, the you had money build off of then. Debts dont go away in 1 or 2 years, one certainly doesn't recover from them within 1 or 2 years and become millionaires either.

Think about it.
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Smart Coins : 5531

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 05 Jun 2015, 4:25 pm

brandon has the idea that they rely on the money paid to them by discovery communications for their operational costs, which they may or may not do, but their main and primarily income is from the service they provide to the highway. and if the costs over run the income, there is no option other than to lay off crewmen, so that is why they were let go.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 05 Jun 2015, 5:21 pm

1mtvfan wrote:brandon has the idea that they rely on the money paid to them by discovery communications for their operational costs, which they may or may not do, but their main and primarily  income is from the service they provide to the highway. and if the costs over run the income, there is no option other than to lay off crewmen, so that is why they were let go.  

Wrong, I never said they rely on the money from the show, just telling you they have money, so they never were in finicial trouble. Thats all I have been saying, however, you added that part by neglecting to read the entirety of my posts. I have said they probably dont several times.

In fact I put emphasive on that they didnt. Because they have to run the company the way they would if they didnt have that money from discovery, in order to keep the 'reality' in it, hence the lay offs, demostrating what they would have done if they didnt have the money.

No one would know this though, because they dont read my posts!
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm

they have money now, yes, but they didn't when the crew men were laid off, they had money troubles which lead to the layoffs
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum