» Daily Chit Chat
Train sets! - Page 21 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Train sets! - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Train sets! - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
Train sets! - Page 21 Vote_l14Train sets! - Page 21 Voting14Train sets! - Page 21 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Train sets!

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Train sets! - Page 21 Empty Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 22 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Just an idea, but will have to see what TTfan says

Note: This is the continuation thread of the original train set topic: [Only mods are allowed to see this link] .

Last edited by Brandon on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:02 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added original topic link in there.)
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Train sets! - Page 21 Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by Brandon Sun 15 Nov 2015, 10:45 am

1mtvfan wrote:yeah, but the tie downs on my bulkheads are in transition, because i am
Switching them from strings to actual chains, that may look a bit more realistic.

1mtvfan wrote:i am still in the process of seeking a repairman for them, but it's proving to be a long and painful search
Update: 7835's rear drive shaft has popped out of place, but i have hopefully secured it back into place again. also, the tie downs transition is almost complete, just have to cut the 2nd one to length, and then secure it, but still have another flat car to do

1mtvfan wrote:further update, 7835 is working again, and the tie down transition on bulkhead no. 1 is complete, Bulkhead no 2 is still awaiting

Thanks for the updates on your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] guys Wink.

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! - Page 21 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
[Only mods are allowed to see this link]

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 15 Nov 2015, 12:04 pm

the tie downs are just in phase 1 atm, the next phase will have wire S hooks , so it is not so hard to secure them to the bulkhead. [Only mods are allowed to see this link] will show you

tie down chains in the process of being tied down

tie down chains in the completed state

update, tie down plan for bulkhead flat no 2 has suffered a minor setback, as part of the
flat car have broken because of too high a pressure load being placed on them, so a new
plan has to be devised to carry the wheels as the current ones on are secured, but not secured enough to keep them from wobbling around a great deal too much
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 15 Nov 2015, 8:45 pm

Unfortunately there's nothing new on my end, as I haven't visited the setup in a little while now plus I'm occupied with some other priorities at present.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 15 Nov 2015, 9:06 pm

further update, the wheels are coming off bulkhead no 2 and being set aside for now, bulkhead no 2 will now carry more pipes, this will remain for this bulkhead until i can find another place for the wheels or another flatcar for them. and by wheels i mean the wheels i was using for a load, not the wheels on which the flat car runs.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:19 am

1mtvfan wrote:the tie downs are just in phase 1 atm, the next phase will have wire S hooks , so it is not so hard to secure them to the bulkhead. [Only mods are allowed to see this link] will show you

Spoiler:
tie down chains in the process of being tied down

Spoiler:
tie down chains in the completed state

update, tie down plan for bulkhead flat no 2 has suffered a minor setback, as part of the
flat car have broken because of too high a pressure load being placed on them, so a new
plan has to be devised to carry the wheels as the current ones on are secured,
but not secured enough to keep them from wobbling around a great deal too much

Thanks for sharing these nice new [Only mods are allowed to see this link] Wink.

TigerTankFan wrote:Unfortunately there's nothing new on my end, as I haven't visited the setup in a little while now plus I'm occupied with some other priorities at present.

1mtvfan wrote:further update, the wheels are coming off bulkhead no 2 and being set aside for now, bulkhead no 2 will now carry more pipes, this will remain for this bulkhead until i can find another place for the wheels or another flatcar for them. and by wheels i mean the wheels i was using for a load, not the wheels on which the flat car runs.

Thanks for the updates on your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] guys Very Happy. Hope all is fixed soon!

Last edited by Brandon on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:28 am

the only "fix" for that bulkhead flat is to replace the load, as the broken parts cannot be fixed.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:18 am

1mtvfan wrote:the only "fix" for that bulkhead flat is to replace the load, as the broken parts cannot be fixed.

What is the 'load'?

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:30 pm

the current load is those wheels, but it will be changed to some old lengths of pipe.
or a lumber load that was taken off the first pipe bulkhead in favor of the load of Slurpee straw pipes.
Update, two of the tires are remaining on the bulkhead, but on the ends, while the pipes are chained down in the center of the flatcar. will add a pic at a later date.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 17 Nov 2015, 11:03 am

new [Only mods are allowed to see this link] is here

Bulkhead no 2 with new load, back end of pipes still has to be secured though

Last edited by 1mtvfan on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 18 Nov 2015, 8:21 am

1mtvfan wrote:the current load is those wheels, but it will be changed to some old lengths of pipe.
or a lumber load that was taken off the first pipe bulkhead in favor of the load of Slurpee straw pipes.
Update, two of the tires are remaining on the bulkhead, but on the ends, while the pipes are chained down in the center of the flatcar. will add a pic at a later date.
Ah ok cool!

1mtvfan wrote:new [Only mods are allowed to see this link] is here

Spoiler:

Nice [Only mods are allowed to see this link] of your [Only mods are allowed to see this link].  Does this mean it is fixed? The bulkhead I mean.

Last edited by Brandon on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 18 Nov 2015, 8:58 am

it is as fixed as it is going to get, but i did buy another the other evening.
update, still working on the weathered Bulkhead load, as i was there today, but will keep trying
Further update: am getting closer on getting a load secured to the weathered bulkhead flat,
just need more time, and supplies, but i can get the supplies relatively easy, and apologize for not taking any new pics for you guys, i forgot to take my tablet with me when i went there earlier tonight.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 19 Nov 2015, 2:52 pm

Some news from me here, one of my flatcars has the early stages of new tie-downs installed (since the railroad's board of directors felt a need to replace them). I hope to add a photo to prove this asap.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 19 Nov 2015, 3:19 pm

the owner of the flat car has yet to inspect and improve the new tie downs however
Update: the bulkhead load has still been giving me trouble, but i am continuing to work on a
solution, but i am thinking of making some sort of special cradle for it or coming up with a new type
of load for this bulkhead flat car. Further update: i will be trying something new, as i have an idea of
what i can do to help secure the load to the flat car.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:56 am

1mtvfan wrote:it is as fixed as it is going to get, but i did buy another the other evening.
update, still working on the weathered Bulkhead load, as i was there today, but will keep trying
Further update: am getting closer on getting a load secured to the weathered bulkhead flat,
just need more time, and supplies, but i can get the supplies relatively easy, and apologize for not taking any new pics for you guys, i forgot to take my tablet with me when i went there earlier tonight.

TigerTankFan wrote:Some news from me here, one of my flatcars has the early stages of new tie-downs installed (since the railroad's board of directors felt a need to replace them). I hope to add a photo to prove this asap.

1mtvfan wrote:the owner of the flat car has yet to inspect and improve the new tie downs however
Update: the bulkhead load has still been giving me trouble, but i am continuing to work on a
solution, but i am thinking of making some sort of special cradle for it or coming up with a new type
of load for this bulkhead flat car. Further update: i will be trying something new, as i have an idea of
what i can do to help secure the load to the flat car.

Thanks Tigertankfan and 1mtvfan for those wonderful updates and [Only mods are allowed to see this link] on your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] , it looks to be making good [Only mods are allowed to see this link] and coming along great! Wink

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now the site's only Super Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Smart Coins : 5531

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 21 Nov 2015, 2:21 pm

The setup's track work has not changed since the last time 1mtvfan and I were there, but there is a plan to construct some new additions soon in place. Unfortunately one recent operating session had to be cancelled due to a disagreement but, thankfully, such doesn't happen all that often.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 21 Nov 2015, 3:20 pm

and the new idea has yet to be tried on my part, but it should be put in motion by me either tonight, or next week, i hope it works, also, the setup will be converted to a Digital
control system sometime next year. Update, the plan i wished to try has paid off,
the piece of pipe now sits in a custom made cradle that runs from end to end of the
bulkheads, i ran it around several times and it didn't fall off once without my intervention.
so the issue is solved, now i have to make the same type of cradle for the remaining pipes and the wheels
i am still going to use. [Only mods are allowed to see this link] will follow, but at a later time
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sat 21 Nov 2015, 7:14 pm

TigerTankFan wrote:The setup's track work has not changed since the last time 1mtvfan and I were there, but there is a plan to construct some new additions soon in place. Unfortunately one recent operating session had to be cancelled due to a disagreement but, thankfully, such doesn't happen all that often.

1mtvfan wrote:and the new idea has yet to be tried on my part, but it should be put in motion by me either tonight, or next week, i hope it works, also, the setup will be converted to a Digital
control system sometime next year. Update, the plan i wished to try has paid off,
the piece of pipe now sits in a custom made cradle that runs from end to end of the
bulkheads, i ran it around several times and it didn't fall off once without my intervention.
so the issue is solved, now i have to make the same type of cradle for the remaining pipes and the wheels
i am still going to use. [Only mods are allowed to see this link] will follow, but at a later time

Cool thanks for update on the [Only mods are allowed to see this link] of your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] . Very Happy

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 21 Nov 2015, 7:50 pm

The plan for new tie-downs being used on the flatcars I own has been approved now, but an acute lack of them is keeping me from implementing this plan.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 21 Nov 2015, 7:51 pm

well, i still have to come up with something for those wheels, but that's for next week at some point,
but they will be secured flat instead of standing upright, unless they do not clear the tight clearances of the phase 2 area, so that will be tested next week also
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 22 Nov 2015, 11:25 am

Update, new [Only mods are allowed to see this link] are here

length of brass pipe resting in its custom made cradle on the bulkhead flatcar that was being troublesome.

another load of pipe at the freight station ready to go.

Last edited by 1mtvfan on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 11:31 am

TigerTankFan wrote:The plan for new tie-downs being used on the flatcars I own has been approved now, but an acute lack of them is keeping me from implementing this plan.

1mtvfan wrote:well, i still have to come up with something for those wheels, but that's for next week at some point,
but they will be secured flat instead of standing upright, unless they do not clear the tight clearances of the phase 2 area, so that will be tested next week also

1mtvfan wrote:Update, new [Only mods are allowed to see this link] are here

length of brass pipe resting in its custom made cradle on the bulkhead flatcar that was being troublesome

another load of pipe at the freight station ready to go.

Thanks for the updates and for sharing those [Only mods are allowed to see this link] of your [Only mods are allowed to see this link].

Try and remmeber that all posts need to be seperated by 24 hours, if there is any new changes, updates or anything you need to add before then, use the edit button Wink.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 22 Nov 2015, 11:37 am

that's why i waited a day before posting the pics
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 12:43 pm

1mtvfan wrote:that's why i waited a day before posting the pics

Still not 24 hours, your last post yesterday was at 7:50pm EST, your post this morning 11:25AM est. Thats 16 hours, well it is sort of close, more then halfway its still not 24 hours. Sad

-Brandon

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 22 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm

well you guys want to know what the situation is, so i post as often as i can
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 1:45 pm

1mtvfan wrote:well you guys want to know what the situation is, so i post as often as i can

I understabd, probably partially my fault for not checking and posting in this topic this morning. I am just saying try and keep in mind that little rule, being off by a couple hours (1 or 2) wont hurt or anything. Just try to stay within a reasonable timeframe of 24 hours Smile.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner