» Daily Chit Chat
Train sets! - Page 7 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Train sets! - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Train sets! - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
Train sets! - Page 7 Vote_l14Train sets! - Page 7 Voting14Train sets! - Page 7 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Train sets!

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Train sets! - Page 7 Empty Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

i am also still looking for some more cylindrical grain hoppers, and also anything of interest in the way of model buildings and track-side scenery, so feel free to offer some up if you have any laying about or know how to come about them
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Train sets! - Page 7 Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:31 pm

Was at the setup recently and ran an "officers special" train. Had a lot of problems but I was able to accomplish my task. I don't know if the LCVR will be in existence for too much longer now though as the owner of its home building has taken very ill (as of 7/11/2017) and is mostly bed-ridden as a result of this illness. As mentioned a few years ago, the property currently housing this setup is to be sold once its current owner passes away and this will mean that it will have to be dismantled. I know that its a waste of my time but I specifically implore 1mtvfan to give up his present mentality and pay a visit to the setup for an operating session (even if it means begrudingly obeying the "limited length" rule).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3457

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 12 Jul 2017, 10:21 am

TigerTankFan wrote:Was at the setup recently and ran an "officers special" train. Had a lot of problems but I was able to accomplish my task. I don't know if the LCVR will be in existence for too much longer now though as the owner of its home building has taken very ill (as of 7/11/2017) and is mostly bed-ridden as a result of this illness. As mentioned a few years ago, the property currently housing this setup is to be sold once its current owner passes away and this will mean that it will have to be dismantled. I know that its a waste of my time but I specifically implore 1mtvfan to give up his present mentality and pay a visit to the setup for an operating session (even if it means begrudingly obeying the "limited length" rule).  

as long as that BS rule is in place, and without landscaping in place, i will not operate anything, i run long trains or i don't run any, and i won't operate on a skeleton anymore
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 12 Jul 2017, 7:22 pm

update, equipment has to wait for the night, have too much going on to make the effort tonight
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 13 Jul 2017, 8:08 pm

one more update, the 2 new cylindrical hoppers are on order, just have to wait for them to arrive and then buy them, along with the 2 for @TigerTankFan
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 14 Jul 2017, 8:46 pm

1mtvfan wrote:update, equipment has to wait for the night, have too much going on to make the effort tonight

1mtvfan wrote:one more update, the 2 new cylindrical hoppers are on order, just have to wait for them to arrive and then buy them, along with the 2 for @TigerTankFan

Thanks for the updates on your #train_set . Smile

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! - Page 7 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Train sets! - Page 7 Social10Train sets! - Page 7 Social11Train sets! - Page 7 Youtub13Train sets! - Page 7 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 15 Jul 2017, 9:35 am

one more update, my gran, as well as TTfan's, is getting very close to "the end" so that means that dismantling the layout will have to start soon, just to make it easier to dismantle for later, this is a decision that we have been dreading, but we have known about it for some time
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 17 Jul 2017, 6:24 pm

Unfortunately the health issues that the property owner currently housing the setup is having has forced me to start packing up my own equipment now, but a small amount of it remains on it so I am able to have operating sessions... at least for now anyway. I honestly don't know if the owner of the place that myself & 1mtvfan are renting space in will allow a replacement to be built in it attic space (or at least half of it) or not, but I'm trying to remain somewhat optimistic about the matter.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 17 Jul 2017, 10:28 pm

well, whatever the case may be, i may just refuse outright to run my equipment on the new layout if I deem it unacceptable for my tastes, and i will also refuse to operate under that weight and length limit BS as long as it remains in place.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 24 Jul 2017, 5:50 pm

transit runs continue, if sporadically
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:43 am

Update, set will most likely remain up for some time before the house it is housed in is put on the market, but i will remain out of the game as long as the BS rules are in place instead of landscaping
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:58 am

Spent an evening at the setup recently and had an operating session (which was frustratingly problematic). Gotta say that these sessions definitely aren't the same as when 1mtvfan was a part of the setup, but he's made his choice. He's also mentioned the possibility of tearing it down.

Last edited by TigerTankFan on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:24 am

yes, i have made my choice, and will stand behind it no matter the cost, for a 2nd year straight, if i go there, ALL i will do is pack more equipment into a large duffle bag and bring it all home
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 26 Jul 2017, 2:03 pm

In continuation of my post from earlier, there really is no need for the setup to be torn down at this time as it will be a while before the building that's currently housing the LCVR will be placed on the housing market (due to it needing several physical repairs).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 26 Jul 2017, 2:13 pm

well, I've still  got nothing to do all summer until my lake trip, RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 27 Jul 2017, 10:19 pm

update, transported more equipment home today, i just have the remainder of my grain hoppers, remaining containers, and the miscellaneous items to go, really disliking the fact that i am forced to take this action, but with BS rules in place instead of landscaping, there's nothing more i can do except transport my equipment home and pack it away to wait for the new layout, if i deem the new layout acceptable, if not, my equipment will sit in a big box for the rest of its days until i can find a way of building my own layout. RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 30 Jul 2017, 6:00 pm

Me and 1mtvfan's gran had a fall this past Saturday (7/29/2017), which has resulted in a minor injury, but this also means that she will be getting semi-permanent care as soon as she is released from the hospital nearest her place. Unfortunately I don't know what this will mean for the setup, but I'm mostly sure that it will remain until our uncle is ready to sell its current home. I also remain fully convinced that 1mtvfan is VERY wrong to boycott visiting Liptonville for the reasons he keeps mentioning (as its not like electrical issues are keeping him from running trains at all), but its up to him.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 30 Jul 2017, 9:58 pm

as i said before, i will not run on an unfinished layout with BS rules over my head, so as it stands, and as i see it, liptonville has died, as is not saveable
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 31 Jul 2017, 12:11 am

As I said on this thread before, the "length & weight limit" rule that's now in place on the setup is meant to be a way of making sure that locomotives can last as long as possible due to prohibitive costs now associated with this hobby (especially in this millennium). I've said this before as well, but landscaping the setup is NOT the top priority for us (especially now, due to the health issues currently being experienced by me & 1mtvfan's last living grandparent but things like making money to pay bills and the lack of time due to working a standard weekday job continue to exist as well). It really makes no sense to me why 1mtvfan is letting these issues control him so much because an era in our lives is very close to ending and could happen any day now. I have mentioned the possibility of him learning how to do this kind of work more than once but nothing has come of it (which is a very hypocritical move on his part from where I stand). I also have to admit that I'm still convinced it would be silly to it now though, as it will create a LOT more (and very dusty) work for us once the disassembly work needs to be done.

Regarding the matter of getting a model train setup built in some attic space in our parent's place, what 1mtvfan doesn't (or more likely won't) understand is that we are paying rent to live in this building and, like most renters, any changes to the space they're renting isn't allowed (plus neither one of us always know if/when our parents plan to have company staying over and/or for how long). I will conclude this post by saying that I for one remain at a COMPLETE loss as to why 1mtvfan has chosen to maintain a "shoot yourself in the foot" mentality in regards to this particular situation, but such is up to him. I do wish that he would stop deliberately starting arguments about this with our dad though, as this individual has other priorities to worry about (such as paying bills in addition to providing and cooking meals for those who live in his house). The fact that I also get harassment about this (albeit rather infrequently) is an annoyance and frustration that isn't appreciated or wanted.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 31 Jul 2017, 12:38 am

i refuse to operate on an unfinished layout under BS rules, case closed, and with the landscaping work still not happening, my only option is to continue to transport my equipment home to wait the construction of the new layout, or pack my equipment away for good if the new layout is unacceptable for my equipment to run on, but i am however hoping i will not have to pack my equipment away for good,
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 31 Jul 2017, 6:49 pm

Got an update to pass along here. As me and 1mtvfan's gran will probably be in the hospital for a little while due to her taking a fall over the recent weekend, its unlikely that I'll be visiting the setup as its home now has an anti-theft alarm with a disarming code and I don't have the best of memories these days.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 31 Jul 2017, 8:20 pm

and i remain committed to my boycott until something happens regarding landscaping or
dismantling
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Fri 04 Aug 2017, 9:19 pm

Newest update for the setup here (as of 20:17 hours on 8/4/2017 anyway). It turns out that me & 1mtvfan's grandmother will not be coming out of the hospital at all due to severe kidney disease and trips to the setup have been more or less permanently postponed for this reason. This particular structure still exists for now but I'm sorry to say that I've got no idea about its future.

I also need to apologize for my lack of posting in this thread as of late, but i didn't have very much information and my computer went wonky on me recently (which was bad enough to warrant a 48-hour
stay in my nearest repair shop).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 05 Aug 2017, 6:13 pm

well, i remain committed to my boycott until something is done regarding landscaping or dismantling
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 06 Aug 2017, 8:15 am

1mtvfan wrote:one more update, my gran, as well as TTfan's, is getting very close to "the end" so that means that dismantling the layout will have to start soon, just to make it easier to dismantle for later, this is a decision that we have been dreading, but we have known about it for some time  

TigerTankFan wrote:Unfortunately the health issues that the property owner currently housing the setup is having has forced me to start packing up my own equipment now, but a small amount of it remains on it so I am able to have operating sessions... at least for now anyway. I honestly don't know if the owner of the place that myself & 1mtvfan are renting space in will allow a replacement to be built in it attic space (or at least half of it) or not, but I'm trying to remain somewhat optimistic about the matter.    

1mtvfan wrote:transit runs continue, if sporadically

TigerTankFan wrote:Spent an evening at the setup recently and had an operating session (which was frustratingly problematic). Gotta say that these sessions definitely aren't the same as when 1mtvfan was a part of the setup, but he's made his choice. He's also mentioned the possibility of tearing it down.

TigerTankFan wrote:In continuation of my post from earlier, there really is no need for the setup to be torn down at this time as it will be a while before the building that's currently housing the LCVR will be placed on the housing market (due to it needing several physical repairs).

1mtvfan wrote:update, transported more equipment home today, i just have the remainder of my grain hoppers, remaining containers, and the miscellaneous items to go, really disliking the fact that i am forced to take this action, but with BS rules in place instead of landscaping, there's nothing more i can do except transport my equipment home and pack it away to wait for the new layout, if i deem the new layout acceptable, if not, my equipment will sit in a big box for the rest of its days until i can find a way of building my own layout. RIP liptonville Sad

TigerTankFan wrote:Me and 1mtvfan's gran had a fall this past Saturday (7/29/2017), which has resulted in a minor injury, but this also means that she will be getting semi-permanent care as soon as she is released from the hospital nearest her place. Unfortunately I don't know what this will mean for the setup, but I'm mostly sure that it will remain until our uncle is ready to sell its current home. I also remain fully convinced that 1mtvfan is VERY wrong to boycott visiting Liptonville for the reasons he keeps mentioning (as its not like electrical issues are keeping him from running trains at all), but its up to him.

TigerTankFan wrote:As I said on this thread before, the "length & weight limit" rule that's now in place on the setup is meant to be a way of making sure that locomotives can last as long as possible due to prohibitive costs now associated with this hobby (especially in this millennium). I've said this before as well, but landscaping the setup is NOT the top priority for us (especially now, due to the health issues currently being experienced by me & 1mtvfan's last living grandparent but things like making money to pay bills and the lack of time due to working a standard weekday job continue to exist as well). It really makes no sense to me why 1mtvfan is letting these issues control him so much because an era in our lives is very close to ending and could happen any day now. I have mentioned the possibility of him learning how to do this kind of work more than once but nothing has come of it (which is a very hypocritical move on his part from where I stand). I also have to admit that I'm still convinced it would be silly to it now though, as it will create a LOT more (and very dusty) work for us once the disassembly work needs to be done.

Regarding the matter of getting a model train setup built in some attic space in our parent's place, what 1mtvfan doesn't (or more likely won't) understand is that we are paying rent to live in this building and, like most renters, any changes to the space they're renting isn't allowed (plus neither one of us always know if/when our parents plan to have company staying over and/or for how long). I will conclude this post by saying that I for one remain at a COMPLETE loss as to why 1mtvfan has chosen to maintain a "shoot yourself in the foot" mentality in regards to this particular situation, but such is up to him. I do wish that he would stop deliberately starting arguments about this with our dad though, as this individual has other priorities to worry about (such as paying bills in addition to providing and cooking meals for those who live in his house). The fact that I also get harassment about this (albeit rather infrequently) is an annoyance and frustration that isn't appreciated or wanted.

TigerTankFan wrote:Got an update to pass along here. As me and 1mtvfan's gran will probably be in the hospital for a little while due to her taking a fall over the recent weekend, its unlikely that I'll be visiting the setup as its home now has an anti-theft alarm with a disarming code and I don't have the best of memories these days.

TigerTankFan wrote:Newest update for the setup here (as of 20:17 hours on 8/4/2017 anyway). It turns out that me & 1mtvfan's grandmother will not be coming out of the hospital at all due to severe kidney disease and trips to the setup have been more or less permanently postponed for this reason. This particular structure still exists for now but I'm sorry to say that I've got no idea about its future.

I also need to apologize for my lack of posting in this thread as of late, but i didn't have very much information and my computer went wonky on me recently (which was bad enough to warrant a 48-hour
stay in my nearest repair shop).

Thanks for the updates on your #train_set . Sorry to hear about your grandma's health.

I hope she gets better.

I am also sorry to hear that your train set might be re locating soon.

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! - Page 7 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Train sets! - Page 7 Social10Train sets! - Page 7 Social11Train sets! - Page 7 Youtub13Train sets! - Page 7 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 06 Aug 2017, 10:36 am

well, she's in the hospital to stay, and will be moved to palliative care when a spot opens up, because she's not going to get better now that her kidneys have failed and she has refused dialysis.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum