» Daily Chit Chat
Train sets! - Page 9 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Train sets! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Train sets! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
Train sets! - Page 9 Vote_l14Train sets! - Page 9 Voting14Train sets! - Page 9 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Train sets!

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Train sets! - Page 9 Empty Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

i am also still looking for some more cylindrical grain hoppers, and also anything of interest in the way of model buildings and track-side scenery, so feel free to offer some up if you have any laying about or know how to come about them
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Train sets! - Page 9 Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by Brandon Mon 04 Sep 2017, 11:26 pm

1mtvfan wrote:well, the relocating of equipment has already begun, all we are waiting on is the dismantling

TigerTankFan wrote:As it stands now, the setup will be dismantled and moved at some point in the spring of 2018. There are no guarantees associated with this plan however, as its builder still has employment obligations to deal with first.

1mtvfan wrote:thus making the wait even longer and more painful when it doesn't need to be, the sooner it is done, the
less the pain and suffering will be, last half of 2017 melts down to nothing but misery and boredom, no better than last year Sad

TigerTankFan wrote:I also need to mention that moving the setup won't be the easiest of tasks to complete, as it is 60' long. Unfortunately I'm not sure how wide it is at present, but I do know that it will have to be significantly compressed in order to fit in the attic space that has been allocated for/to it. As I've mentioned before, I'm not exactly overjoyed about having to compress the setup (which will be renamed after its move), but I reluctantly accept the fact that it can't be helped on account of the illness currently affecting me and 1mtvfan's grandmother (who turned 94 on 8/22/2017 by the way).

1mtvfan wrote:RIP liptonville, 2015- 2017 Sad

1mtvfan wrote:one more transit run soon to collect my remaining items from the former liptonville site. Then i am finished for the rest of 2017. Rip liptonville Sad

TigerTankFan wrote:Got some new information to pass along here. It turns out that there is more attic space available for the setup than first thought. The bed in half of this space cannot be removed however, which creates an issue for the building of a new setup (this will need a new name as well, but that's a low priority at the present time).

1mtvfan wrote:well, it may be just @tigertankfan running on this new layout, but i have yet to see what the new set layout will look like before making any further judgement

1mtvfan wrote:the shuttle runs continue, but they are winding down, well for me anyway, i just have a few more items to bring home, hopefully i can fit everything i have left into one load, and with that one last load, i will be out of the picture for the remainder of the year. RIP liptonville Sad

TigerTankFan wrote:Hi all! got a chance to visit the setup after a month long absence recently, and things are still in place. I've packed up a few more pieces of rolling stock though, so I only have one locomotive and boxcar on the setup now. The setup's builder has all of his steam locomotives on it as well, but I'm going to try and help him pack these when the need & time to undertake such work comes.

1mtvfan wrote:yes, they will soon be the last locomotives to operate on the layout after @tigertankfan and i have begun the process of packing up our things and sporadically moving as many of them as we can physically move all at once and bringing them home from the layout. RIP LIptonville Sad

Sorry to hear the end of the current #train_set layout that seems to be named #liptonville is starting.

It was a good run and loads of fun I am sure.

Rip Liptonville Sad

You shall live on forever in the #pictures posted here on this site. Smile

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! - Page 9 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Train sets! - Page 9 Social10Train sets! - Page 9 Social11Train sets! - Page 9 Youtub13Train sets! - Page 9 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:05 am

it was actually called the liptonville central valley Railroad, but liptonville for short, and yes, it will live on in memories and in the pictures here hopefully, because it's dead in real life, RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 07 Sep 2017, 4:02 pm

the agonizingly slow wait continues , adding more needless pain and suffering
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 11 Sep 2017, 4:11 pm

still no progress, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Fri 15 Sep 2017, 1:30 pm

Not too sure how 1mtvfan feels about this, but I found it to be quite fun. Hopefully the replacement setup will be just as fun but I honestly don't know about this either.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3457

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 15 Sep 2017, 4:05 pm

i've a feeling it won't be, there's going to be too many BS rules and regulations on the new layout, and those will probably keep my equipment in it's entirety OFF of the layout completely. although i still have some equipment to collect from the former liptonville layout
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 18 Sep 2017, 1:19 pm

am collecting my remaining items soon and bringing them home soon, goodbye liptonville,Sad thanks for 3.5 years of fun
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 19 Sep 2017, 12:38 pm

liptonville is gone forever, but it will never be forgotten
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 22 Sep 2017, 5:04 pm

RIP Liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Fri 22 Sep 2017, 7:59 pm

I know that I'm wasting my time by saying this but 1mtvfan needs to realize that deconstruction of the current setup CANNOT be helped due to our grandmother's current illness (which is incurable) and our uncle's plan to sell its current home once his mother passes away (on account of him not being financially able to continue owing such a large property by himself). He also needs to realize that the new setup will probably be just as fun... even if its going to be considerably smaller.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 22 Sep 2017, 10:42 pm

TigerTankFan wrote:I know that I'm wasting my time by saying this but 1mtvfan needs to realize that deconstruction of the current setup  CANNOT be helped due to our grandmother's current illness (which is incurable) and our uncle's plan to sell its current home once his mother passes away (on account of him not being financially able to continue owing such a large property by himself). He also needs to realize that the new setup will probably be just as fun... even if its going to be considerably smaller.

that my be so, but it will never ever be as fun as liptonvile was, and if the BS rules about length and weight of the rains running stay in place, i will not operate on the new layout, i may not operate if the new layout turns out smaller than i expect it, so yes, @TigerTankFan, you are wasting your time.
RIP liptonvile Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 23 Sep 2017, 10:27 am

Just so everyone (other than myself & 1mtvfan) knows, the unthinkable has happened and the plan mentioned earlier (including the deconstruction of the LCVRR) is more or less in effect as of today (9/23/2017). the father of myself & 1mtvfan still has emplyment obligations to focus on at present however, which means that actual deconstruction may not start until early to mid November.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 23 Sep 2017, 11:04 am

so the agony of waiting sadly continues Sad RIP Liptonville
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 24 Sep 2017, 7:50 am

TigerTankFan wrote:Just so everyone (other than myself & 1mtvfan) knows, the unthinkable has happened and the plan mentioned earlier (including the deconstruction of the LCVRR) is more or less in effect as of today (9/23/2017). the father of myself & 1mtvfan still has emplyment obligations to focus on at present however, which means that actual deconstruction may not start until early to mid November.  

1mtvfan wrote:so the agony of waiting sadly continues Sad RIP Liptonville

Sorry for the loss of grandma guys. Sad

I hope all goes well with your move of your train set.

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! - Page 9 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Train sets! - Page 9 Social10Train sets! - Page 9 Social11Train sets! - Page 9 Youtub13Train sets! - Page 9 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 24 Sep 2017, 9:05 am

well, from the way things are, it's probably not going to happen until spring next year, making the agony drag even longer which is pointless and needless. RIP liptonville
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 24 Sep 2017, 2:48 pm

As far as I know, the situation I mentioned earlier remains in effect. I will let everyone on here know if there are any changes/developments however. I also feel a need to make the following request of my brother 1mtvfan:

Please stop taking this matter so personally! You know that it can't be helped and is the only way for you and me to continue being model railroaders! Also, since you have freely chosen to distance yourself from the setup (at least on the physical level), you have practically no say in the setup's future.

I apologize for the above statement, but I've grown tired of constantly seeing (or hearing about) 1mtvfan's cynical & pessimistic posts on this thread.

Last edited by TigerTankFan on Sun 24 Sep 2017, 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 24 Sep 2017, 6:13 pm

well, to answer the request, NO! i will move on only when I am ready, until then, the grieving will continue.
RIP liptonville Sad and as i have said many times before, i will not operate on the new layout at all until the BS rules regarding train length and weight are lifted.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 24 Sep 2017, 8:55 pm

Latest update here, the setup is going to be dismantled section by section as this will make the work easier to handle (as soon as the father of 1mtvfan and myself has completed his work obligations for this year. I have to admit that I've got a number of issues with this as well, but such isn't relavant to this particular situation). I'm sorry about my comments in my post from earlier but I was frustrated and felt a need to say something. Also, if I didn't say it before, thanks for the condolences regarding our grandmother Brandon (as I for one really appreciate it).

Last edited by TigerTankFan on Sun 24 Sep 2017, 9:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 24 Sep 2017, 8:56 pm

I will only move on when I AM READY, AND ONLY THEN, end of discussion, and i will operate ONLY when the BS rules about train length and weight are lifted. RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 25 Sep 2017, 5:09 pm

Update, removed more equipment from the former liptonville sight, so ALL Inter-modal equipment is now in storage, only one more load of equipment left, but all my equipment may be going into storage permanently, since @TigerTankfan  and our dad have seen fit to write me off of the plan for the new layout out right. RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 26 Sep 2017, 4:01 pm

Update
One last load of stuff for me to bring home, then i'm done, but i can't get it home till next week Sad RIP liptonville, thanks for 2.5 years of fun, you will be sorely missed Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 26 Sep 2017, 9:39 pm

further update, all of my equipment is now off sight and is home, went to the layout site tonight, and retrieved what was left, so i am now out of the running for operating on the layout, will now do what i can to help @TigerTankFan transport his rail equipment home, have left a large bag of mine on site for him to use in this endeavor, pics follow of our "big boy" type loco taking a last run on liptonville before it is put away and the LCVR is dismantled

Train sets! - Page 9 00110

Train sets! - Page 9 00210

Train sets! - Page 9 00310

RIP Liptonville 2015- 2017, you will be missed

Last edited by 1mtvfan on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

Had the last ever operation of the model train set built in my grandmother's place tonight (9/26/2017) by running the LCVRR's 4-8-8-4 "Big Boy" steam locomotive (the former Union Pacific 4008) for a couple of laps.  I for one will miss it a lot Crying or Very sad Sad but I also know that such needs to be taken down.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 27 Sep 2017, 9:25 am

RIP liptonville SadSadSad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 29 Sep 2017, 5:12 pm

update, have found the box for the 2-10-2 type, so that one is getting put away next. would have done it last time, but couldn't remember how to disconnect the tender, so it now has to wait for the next visit
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum