I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Praise FM
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:19 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Train sets!
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:16 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Vote_l14Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Voting14Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast

Go down

Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Empty Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast

Post by MadDogRadioLive Sun 15 May 2011, 10:29 pm

The best microphone you can have is the Electro Voice RE20. Many FM Stations Use The Microphone, During Broadcasts. They Go For About $420 Total. If You Want Something Cheaper Try Looking For A Shure Microphone. They Are Good For Music,Talk, And What Not. When Getting A Microphone Try Not Getting A Unidirectional Microphone, Because Most Of Them Sound Muffled And Crappy. Try Getting A Good Dynamic Omnidirectional Microphone. Radioshack Has Good Microphones For About $20-$30 Dollars, And They Are Well Worth The Cash. Used Microphone's Aren't Your Choice. You Never Know Who Had It Last Or What They Did With It. If Its Refurbished Then I Suppose Its Alright. With A Microphone Be Sure To Get A Windscreen. A Windscreen Is A Round Foam Ball That Goes Over The Microphone Head. You Can Get Them For Around $5.00 Or A Package Of Them For About $11.00. Now,Now Don't Panic! Your Microphone's Plug Doesn't Fit Inside The Microphone Jack On The Computer, And You Don't Have A Mixer? Well All You Need Is A 1/4 To 1/8 Inch Adapter. You Can Find These At Radioshack For At Least A Dollar Or Two. Hope You Found These Tips Useful! Happy Broadcasting.

P.S. This Is True Information I Know =)

Owner/CEO/Founder/Host
Mad Dog Radio Live - Arizona's Favorite
MadDogRadioLive
MadDogRadioLive
Newbie Streamer
Newbie Streamer

Smart Coins : 33

http://www.maddogradiolive.com

Back to top Go down

Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Empty Re: Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast

Post by Brandon Mon 16 May 2011, 6:44 am

Thanks for the tips.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Empty Re: Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast

Post by tester12 Mon 23 Nov 2015, 2:01 pm

Wow talk about a really old topic.

I think there may be room for this to be revived, so I think I will leave this one open. Very Happy Wink

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now the site's only Super Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Smart Coins : 5531

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEagle Fri 08 Apr 2016, 8:44 pm

Honestly if u want a decent mic you might as well go with a MXL 990 or Electric Voice RE20 or Shure SM7B but with all mic like these needs a mixer to provide the 48+ voltage phantom power for a good quality sound and also its good to get a preamp as well especially for the shure one as well but thats my opinion on it! Smile

- Rich (CEO/Program Director Of 95.7 The Eagle)
TheEagle
TheEagle
Newbie Streamer
Newbie Streamer

Smart Coins : 49

http://957theeagle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 08 Apr 2016, 9:58 pm

again, availability
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Sat 09 Apr 2016, 12:37 pm

TheEagle wrote:Honestly if u want a decent mic you might as well go with a MXL 990  or Electric Voice RE20 or Shure SM7B but with all mic like these needs a mixer to provide the 48+ voltage phantom power for a good quality sound and also its good to get a preamp as well especially for the shure one as well but thats my opinion on it! Smile

Those sound like some good microphones! Thanks for sharing them with us @TheEagle Smile.

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now the site's only Super Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm

TheEagle wrote:Honestly if u want a decent mic you might as well go with a MXL 990  or Electric Voice RE20 or Shure SM7B but with all mic like these needs a mixer to provide the 48+ voltage phantom power for a good quality sound and also its good to get a preamp as well especially for the shure one as well but thats my opinion on it! Smile

Indeed, thanks very much for sharing that. They all sound like great microphones Smile.

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Social10Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Social11Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Youtub13Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 09 Apr 2016, 6:02 pm

one is often stuck to using what is available to them, also, the cost must be considered also
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sat 09 Apr 2016, 7:30 pm

1mtvfan wrote:one is often stuck to using what is available to them, also, the cost must be considered also

We understand, we are just naming some good mics and stutf in case anyone wants to get it Wink. You don't have to get it.

Brandon

Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Social10Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Social11Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Youtub13Best Microphone's For Any Type Of Radio Broadcast Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 10 Apr 2016, 2:11 pm

availability and cost must be factored in, case closed
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 11 Apr 2016, 8:20 am

We dont doubt that, but that doesnt mean we cant about good mics out thete in case they are available to anyone and someone can afford it.

Besides one can get stuff practically anywhere in the world via online nowadays. Razz

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 11 Apr 2016, 9:56 am

maybe, but it's too big a gamble to shop online
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 11 Apr 2016, 11:20 am

1mtvfan wrote:maybe, but it's too big a gamble to shop online

Why is that?

I would shop online, there many well known and well established shopping sites (amazon, walmart, target, Best buy, etc) to shop from without really worrying about credit card account theft, fraud, etc if that is what you are worried about. Wink

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 11 Apr 2016, 12:11 pm

that's what i mean, but all i am saying is that i myself avoid online shopping as much as i can, that's not saying others should do the same, it's just saying that there's a security risk with it, even if the that has taken us off topic again.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 19 Jun 2016, 6:25 pm

@1mtvfan, one is free to make their own choices in life and they can shop for anything online if they want to. Not trying to be confrontational or anything, just making a point.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3457

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 20 Jun 2016, 9:24 am

online shopping is much too risky, case closed
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:54 pm

*sighs* I give up, there's just no reasoning with some people.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:32 pm

Anyways, this is getting off topic now. Anyone is free to shop however they like, whether it be in stores in person, or online or both, it is up to the person to decide, none of the ways are right or wrong. That is the end of that discussion, PERIOD.

Now we are going to get back on topic. Has anyone else tried any other microphones that appear to work well for any purpose?

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:10 pm

Logitech mics work well enough for me
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 8:56 pm

All the mics I have had were all logitech except for one GE microphone headset I had a lomg time ago, besides that I have only used the built in mics that came with it.

I used to do little djing a long time ago with my logitech mics and also used all involved to have conversations with people on my aunts skype (which she closed down a long time ago as she no longer had a need for it). I think most logitechs can work well both music and talking and stuff. Smile

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 13 Jul 2016, 1:56 am

keeping in mind that each task placed on the unit would be carried out individually, having it perform multiple high load tasks all at once may overload, and burn it out, ceasing it's usefulness
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:44 pm

Bump! Also, I use an APEX 440 USB microphone for both Skype as well as my shows (well, when I was doing shows anyway).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 16 Jun 2017, 7:45 pm

stick with Logitech as much as possible, their stuff works quite well for not a lot of money
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 16 Jun 2017, 10:50 pm

1mtvfan wrote:keeping in mind that each task placed on the unit would be carried out individually, having it perform multiple high load tasks all at once may overload, and burn it out, ceasing it's usefulness  

Cool thanks for the info.

TigerTankFan wrote:Bump! Also, I use an APEX 440 USB microphone for both Skype as well as my shows (well, when I was doing shows anyway).

Cool, sounds like a good microphone.

1mtvfan wrote:stick with Logitech as much as possible, their stuff works quite well for not a lot of money

Yeah logitech does make some good microphone headsets and stuff for the price.

That doesnt mean its the best, there is definitelly much better, professional grade mifs out there for more hefty of a price.

For the average consumer though, like you and I, a logitech mic will be enough to get the job done.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum