I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train sets!
Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:33 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:32 pm by TigerTankFan

» Praise FM
Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
No user

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Forum re-structure/re-organization

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 Empty Forum re-structure/re-organization

Post by pwnsomewin Sun 24 May 2015, 4:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think the site could use a cleaner forum structure. It's far from messy and definitely usable, but I feel like it could be optimized. A possible starting point I thought of could be having two main categories for hardware and software, then sorting the forums from there.
pwnsomewin
pwnsomewin
Radio Communication Student

Smart Coins : 201

Back to top Go down

Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum re-structure/re-organization

Post by Brandon Mon 27 Jul 2015, 4:38 pm

Brandon wrote:Alright thanks pwnsomewin, I will look into to that. I will add the sections now actually. Thanks for the suggestions pwn Very Happy.

Edit: Ok, done

Here is what I did:

Arrow Created a new sub-forum for 'headphones/headsets' inside 'Ampilifers (Amps)/Speakers & Headphones'
Arrow Forum 'Ampilifers (Amps)/Speakers' has been re named to 'Ampilifers (Amps)/Speakers & Headphones'
Arrow I made 'Audio Interfaces' it's own forum instead of a sub-forum. Just seemed to work out better that way.
Arrow Added 2 sub-forums under 'Microphones' that are named 'Condensor Microphones' and 'Dynamic Microphones. I kept 'Talk Radio Microphones'  and 'Music Microphones' there as well. Do you think that works?

Thanks again for your suggestions, they are greatly appericated Smile.

-Brandon

Just edited the post.

Alright, so you think I should remove the 2 new mic sections?.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum re-structure/re-organization

Post by pwnsomewin Tue 28 Jul 2015, 11:19 am

Brandon wrote:
Brandon wrote:Alright thanks pwnsomewin, I will look into to that. I will add the sections now actually. Thanks for the suggestions pwn Very Happy.

Edit: Ok, done

Here is what I did:

Arrow Created a new sub-forum for 'headphones/headsets' inside 'Ampilifers (Amps)/Speakers & Headphones'
Arrow Forum 'Ampilifers (Amps)/Speakers' has been re named to 'Ampilifers (Amps)/Speakers & Headphones'
Arrow I made 'Audio Interfaces' it's own forum instead of a sub-forum. Just seemed to work out better that way.
Arrow Added 2 sub-forums under 'Microphones' that are named 'Condensor Microphones' and 'Dynamic Microphones. I kept 'Talk Radio Microphones'  and 'Music Microphones' there as well. Do you think that works?

Thanks again for your suggestions, they are greatly appericated Smile.

-Brandon

Just edited the post.

Alright, so you think I should remove the 2 new mic sections?.
Yeah; I'd keep it like before.
pwnsomewin
pwnsomewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 28 Jul 2015, 11:23 am

Alrighty then, thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I will remove them now. Wink
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Forum re-structure/re-organization - Page 2 Empty Forum re-structure/re-organization

Post by pwnsomewin Thu 13 Aug 2015, 11:19 am

How about a forum for "Other Equipment"? I was going to post a topic related to cables when it occurred to me that there's no good place for that. However, I don't think cables deserve a whole forum, so maybe a forum for just any other equipment?
pwnsomewin
pwnsomewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 13 Aug 2015, 12:18 pm

Suggestion split into it's own topic so that way we won't forever discuss it in the User Suggestions thread and clutter it with a lot of posts. Topic split and marked 'Working On'  ~ Brandon

Yeah, definitelly, I usually to put an 'Other' section for every section, its just we never broke it down this specific before, which is why it hasnt already been created. I will create it ASAP, thank you for all your wonderful suggestions @pwnsomewin .

Edit: Done Wink . Anything else do you think we can add?

-Brandon
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:20 am

that sounds like an idea worth exploring, i mean if it's about microphones, some topics can be merged to save on space
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 26 Aug 2015, 1:20 pm

Well all the suggested sections so far has been added. If anyone has anymore ideas about some, then go ahead and suggest them. If not, if no one has anymore suggestions and all sections wdded that you want, then please let us know so we can consider this solved. Smile
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Fri 04 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

Maybe this site could introduce a "general complaints" section, but such may already exist.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 04 Sep 2015, 5:13 pm

Why would we want a general conplaint section. That is what mods are for, one can pm them all your complaints to them. If some reason you feel you cant send it to them, you could send it to me.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Fri 04 Sep 2015, 6:57 pm

yeah, that's true.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 12 Oct 2015, 9:33 am

Hey everyone,

Today I have begun re orgranizing the site once more in hopes of making the site even more user friendly and to further optimize our current site organization. The updates I am performing doing during this re orgranizing is based on 3 things:

Arrow YOUR Feedback
Arrow Our forum reviews
Arrow My personal insight and way of doing things

In this re organization there won't be anything terribly major changing, just some adjustments to better optimize the layout. There will also be a couple new sections added here or there that are based on ideas from our staff and ideas from you all as well.

I will contiune to work throughout today to complete all the work and send all the updates. Of course, if you guys have anything you want added during the process, don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
-Brandon and the rest of the Administration
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 12 Oct 2015, 11:19 am

i think some of the topics can be removed, well more the old ones, but i'll leave it to the founder
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 12 Oct 2015, 11:44 am

1mtvfan wrote:i think some of the topics can be removed, well more the old ones, but i'll leave it to the founder

That's a whole another subject altogether. That would be a moderation job, however, the task at hand is an adminstrative task, it is adding and modifying sections to the site. You can discuss this with me privatelly later if you like.

Anyway, getting back to the main subject at hand, here is a break down of the current changes:

Arrow The category 'Professional Radio' has been changed to 'Amateur and Professional Radio'.
Arrow Within this category the 'Shoutcast server' sections and category were merged with this category.
Arrow 2 new sections created within this category: 'Professional Radio' and 'Amateur radio'. The Shoutcast server sections were moved into 'Amateur Radio' and the 'FM/AM Radio' and 'Satellite Radio' sections were moved into the 'Professional Radio' section.

Arrow We have changed the 'Live streaming platforms/websites' category to just 'Live Streaming' .
Arrow Under the category 'Live Streaming' we have added 'Miscellanous live streaming websites'.
Arrow We have moved the 'Twitch' section into 'Miscellanous live streaming websites'.
Arrow We have removed the 'Video Game streaming Platform/websites' section.

Arrow A new section called 'Mobile Devices' was added in the 'Other Equipment' section.
Arrow Within this new section there are 3 new sub sections:

-Streaming
-Apps
-Support

Each of these pertains to a specific side of Mobile devices and possible uses.

Arrow A 'Tech Support' section was added under 'Other Equipment' after the new mobile devices section as well.

We hope you all enjoy the new changes and sections and just about a the updates are done Very Happy.

Last edited by Brandon on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 12 Oct 2015, 1:09 pm

as i said, it's up to the founders and admins to decide what will go
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 12 Oct 2015, 1:54 pm

We are not talking about that right. That is off topic! Let us bring it back!
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 12 Oct 2015, 2:07 pm

if that's what it is
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 12 Oct 2015, 2:25 pm

Brandon wrote:
1mtvfan wrote:i think some of the topics can be removed, well more the old ones, but i'll leave it to the founder

That's a whole another subject altogether. That would be a moderation job, however, the task at hand is an adminstrative task, it is adding and modifying sections to the site. You can discuss this with me privatelly later if you like.

Anyway, getting back to the main subject at hand, here is a break down of the current changes:

Arrow The category 'Professional Radio' has been changed to 'Amateur and Professional Radio'.
Arrow Within this category the 'Shoutcast server' sections and category were merged with this category.
Arrow 2 new sections created within this category: 'Professional Radio' and 'Amateur radio'. The Shoutcast server sections were moved into 'Amateur Radio' and the 'FM/AM Radio' and 'Satellite Radio' sections were moved into the 'Professional Radio' section.

Arrow  A new section called 'Mobile Devices' was added in the 'Other Equipment' section.

-Streaming
-Apps
-Support

Arrow A 'Tech Support' section was added under 'Other Equipment' after the new mobile devices section as well.

We hope you all enjoy the new changes and sections and just about a the updates are done Very Happy.

It is, now please no more about it. I quoted my post so we can bring this right back on track. Smile

Enjoy the updates everyone!
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:16 pm

10-4
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:25 pm

Brandon wrote:

Arrow We have changed the 'Live streaming platforms/websites' category to just 'Live Streaming' .
Arrow Under the category 'Live Streaming' we have added 'Miscellanous live streaming websites'.
Arrow We have moved the 'Twitch' section into 'Miscellanous live streaming websites'.
Arrow We have removed the 'Video Game streaming Platform/websites' section.

Arrow A new section called 'Mobile Devices' was added in the 'Other Equipment' section.

-Streaming
-Apps
-Support

Updated the post, accidentally left an update or two out Embarassed
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 12 Oct 2015, 5:46 pm

cool, sounds like a great bunch of changes
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 12 Oct 2015, 6:11 pm

human error, not a big thing
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 12 Oct 2015, 6:13 pm

Thanks Smile.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 12 Oct 2015, 6:15 pm

yup
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Mon 12 Oct 2015, 10:37 pm

Nice updates guys! Did our new admin @1mtvfan help at all, or you just take care of it all @Brandon ?
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Smart Coins : 5531

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 12 Oct 2015, 11:39 pm

mostly brandon right now, but i'm sure i will get my shot at it at some point
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum