I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train sets!
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:33 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:32 pm by TigerTankFan

» Praise FM
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
No user

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 Empty The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Post by Brandon Sun 15 Mar 2015, 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

I am creating this thread, because I think this is an interesting subject to have a discussion and/or debate on. Radio is a constantly evolving industry; with technology growing and becoming more portable, advanced and effeicient, one must begin to wonder how this effects radio. With the constant opening of internet radio stations and the internet becoming more widely available across the world and more and more devices being able to connect to the web, one must wonder what the fate of Radio, both AM and FM lies, will internet radio someday take the place of actual AM/FM Radio? I mean there are millions of free to listen to internet radio stations out there. They are cheaper to run, can be heard anywhere in the world (with internet access). Which is where Fm and Am radio suffer and is really un changeable.

So, with all of that said, where does the future (and fate) of radio lie? With whom does it lie? These are things that can be discussed and debated here. It is unlikely that everyone will agree on exactly where the future of radio may lie, but it is nice to hear people's opinion and theories on where it may lie.

-Brandon
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 Empty Re: The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Post by Brandon Tue 06 Nov 2018, 5:11 pm

1mtvfan wrote:People will not spend mega bucks when 
They don’t have to, a simple analog radio costs way less than a computer or smart phone, and I will keep saying this as many times as I have to

Once again EVERYONE has a computer or smartphone. So your argument makes 0 sense. Name one person you know who doesn't own a computer, tablet or smartphone? I can't think of anyone actually.

I can't believe your trying to argue that people don't own a computer or smart device in 2018! Come on now mtvfan, this isn't 2005. If you don't have a computer, you have a smart phone, if you don't have a smart phone (unlikely), you have a computer or tablet.

Even my 67 year old grandmother has a tablet and computer!
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 5 Empty Re: The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 06 Nov 2018, 6:52 pm

Brandon is correct in regards to this matter.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Tue 06 Nov 2018, 7:11 pm

i also agree as well with brandon i own a computer and an Iphone so i can listen to any station if it is streaming online.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Smart Coins : 2082

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 06 Nov 2018, 10:30 pm

DJAaronRadio wrote:i also agree as well with brandon i own a computer and an Iphone so i can listen to any station if it is streaming online.
I also have an iPhone (albeit a rather old iPhone5c) but, to a note of embarrassment, do not have any music or radio apps on it.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 11 Nov 2018, 5:06 pm

I do agree you can streaming radio stations on your computer or laptop. There is also apps on your phone that you can stream radio stations on there too. It is just how the future of radio is going Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Sun 25 Nov 2018, 2:56 pm

one of my local stations 100.7 KSLX streams live every week on tune in and you can go to there website and listen there also it is a classic rock station and there independently owned too since there not found on iheart so i will say if people can't get anything on the radio dial maybe streaming is the best option for some people Smile
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Smart Coins : 2082

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 25 Nov 2018, 4:48 pm

I agree with DJ Aaron. It does help a lot to stream radio stations on the internet including radio stations in the USA and all over the world. There is so many radio stations out there it is always good to stream them. Since the only radio stations you can listen to is your local radio stations which can be different styles of music depending on the radio station Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum