No user

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Train sets!

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Train sets! - Page 11 Empty Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

i am also still looking for some more cylindrical grain hoppers, and also anything of interest in the way of model buildings and track-side scenery, so feel free to offer some up if you have any laying about or know how to come about them
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Train sets! - Page 11 Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 28 Oct 2017, 9:10 pm

if the new layout has the same BS rules about train length and weight, i will NOT operate anything on it at ANY time. RIP liptonville
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 02 Nov 2017, 12:02 am

Update, my father is now off work for the winter, so it is now official,
Liptonville will be dismantled in the coming weeks, and I am heartbroken to have to take part in the process, and given what little space there is for the layout in my house, it may mean i will have to put my locomotives and equipment away for a while, something I don't want to be forced to do, especially when it's going to be another long and maybe even more miserable winter this year. Rip liptonville
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 06 Nov 2017, 2:59 pm

dismantling of liptonville has begun, my father and i have removed the 3 drop bridges and the rails from the helix ramp, next will be the roadbed, and then the tracks for the upper reversing loop will come next, I am still very upset and heartbroken to have to see such a grand layout as liptonville be dismantled, no pics will be taken of this. RIP liptonville SadSadSadSad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 06 Nov 2017, 4:15 pm

As I have mentioned before, the dismantling needs to be done because the father and uncle of myself and 1mtvfan have decided to place the setup's home on the housing market in this coming spring. I am also very disappointed to see it come down but such cannot be helped. Also, another bag of my model train cars has come home today.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 06 Nov 2017, 5:20 pm

the reason may be tat, but it is NOT working to make me feel better about all of this. further dismantling continues tonight
RIP liptonville Sad 2015-2017
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 06 Nov 2017, 8:10 pm

update,
no more dismantling tonight, has to wait for tomorrow morning
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 07 Nov 2017, 3:12 pm

update,
dismantling continues, upper part of phase 3 is nearly dismantled, along with helix ramp and upper loop, will be continuing to dismantle it in stages and each part of each phase in reverse of the way it went up, will miss it terribly though. RIP liptonville
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Fri 10 Nov 2017, 12:00 pm

Unfortunately space issues associated with the car owned by the father of myself and 1mtvfan has made it very challenging for me to participate in the setup's deconstruction at this time, but I remain hopeful that I can assist in some way. I also hope to find out if both of my custom built locomotives have been transported to my everyday home or remain near the setup.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 10 Nov 2017, 1:19 pm

all locos and equipment are now off of site, dismantling continues, upper loop and helix are coming apart easy, but need to remove parts of the phase 3 base to continue dismantling of upper part of helix, and we are trying our hardest to retain the track nails and road bed for reuse on new layout, but i am still looking for some more grain hoppers, and may get one as a gift from @djmarverlousmart, but don't know yet
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 11 Nov 2017, 2:00 pm

Decided to go through some of my equipment yesterday (11/10/2017), and have discovered that former CN Rail 2448 has been transported to my home. I don't know about former Conrail 5566 as yet, but I will try to find it.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:59 pm

TigerTankFan wrote:Decided to go through some of my equipment yesterday (11/10/2017), and have discovered that former CN Rail 2448 has been transported to my home. I don't know about former Conrail 5566 as yet, but I will try to find it.

it should be home, as all locos and equipment are now off  site. and the offer of contributing itmes to the new layout is still valid everyone
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 13 Nov 2017, 7:28 pm

Updating the situation from my last posting, former Conrail 5566 has managed to make it to my home so I am happy about this. I continue to suffer from disappointment issues associated with Liptonville's deconstruction, but I also know that such work needs to be done since its home is going to be sold at some point in the spring of 2018 (as per the agreement between my dad and uncle).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 13 Nov 2017, 10:07 pm

RIP Liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 14 Nov 2017, 7:23 am

1mtvfan wrote:Update, my father is now off work for the winter, so it is now official,
Liptonville will be dismantled in the coming weeks, and I am heartbroken to have to take part in the process, and given what little space there is for the layout in my house, it may mean i will have to put my locomotives and equipment away for a while, something I don't want to be forced to do, especially when it's going to be another long and maybe even more miserable winter this year. Rip liptonville

1mtvfan wrote:dismantling of liptonville has begun, my father and i have removed the 3 drop bridges and the rails from the helix ramp, next will be the roadbed, and then the tracks for the upper reversing loop will come next, I am still very upset and heartbroken to have to see such a grand layout as liptonville be dismantled,  no pics will be taken of this.  RIP liptonville SadSadSadSad

TigerTankFan wrote:As I have mentioned before, the dismantling needs to be done because the father and uncle of myself and 1mtvfan have decided to place the setup's home on the housing market in this coming spring. I am also very disappointed to see it come down but such cannot be helped. Also, another bag of my model train cars has come home today.  

1mtvfan wrote:the reason may be tat, but it is NOT working to make me feel better about all of this.  further dismantling continues tonight
RIP liptonville Sad 2015-2017

1mtvfan wrote:update,
dismantling continues, upper part of phase 3 is nearly dismantled, along with helix ramp and upper loop, will be continuing to dismantle it in stages and each part of each phase in reverse of the way it went up, will miss it terribly though. RIP liptonville    

TigerTankFan wrote:Unfortunately space issues associated with the car owned by the father of myself and 1mtvfan has made it very challenging for me to participate in the setup's deconstruction at this time, but I remain hopeful that I can assist in some way. I also hope to find out if both of my custom built locomotives have been transported to my everyday home or remain near the setup.

1mtvfan wrote:all locos and equipment are now off of site, dismantling continues, upper loop and helix are coming apart easy, but need to remove parts of the phase 3 base to continue dismantling of upper part of helix, and we are trying our hardest to retain the track nails and road bed for reuse on new layout, but i am still looking for some more grain hoppers, and may get one as a gift from @djmarverlousmart, but don't know yet

TigerTankFan wrote:Decided to go through some of my equipment yesterday (11/10/2017), and have discovered that former CN Rail 2448 has been transported to my home. I don't know about former Conrail 5566 as yet, but I will try to find it.

TigerTankFan wrote:Updating the situation from my last posting, former Conrail 5566 has managed to make it to my home so I am happy about this. I continue to suffer from disappointment issues associated with Liptonville's deconstruction, but I also know that such work needs to be done since its home is going to be sold at some point in the spring of 2018 (as per the agreement between my dad and uncle).

Thanks for these sad updates guys. Sad to see your big train set being taken down, hopefully you took a final picture of it in its entirety before you started dismantling it.

Anyway, I am sure you guys will get used to the new layout.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 14 Nov 2017, 1:16 pm

there's plenty of it in pictures, there's a few pics of it as a whole, and i doubt i will get used to the new layout, if i use it at all, but I'm sort of thinking it might be wise to close down this thread for a while

Last edited by 1mtvfan on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:05 pm

Update, tracks are now off the main lines of phase 1, and all access to the helix, loops and phase 3 are now removed, just one more stretch of roadbed to remove before the main access panel for phase 3 is removed and the remaining parts of the upper loop and helix are removed, and dismantling of phases 1 and 2 begin. RIP Liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 15 Nov 2017, 3:33 pm

Was at the setup today and managed to get most of the westbound staging yard removed. I'm also sad to see it be dismantled but there's no other choice (due to the plan for its home).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 15 Nov 2017, 3:39 pm

RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 16 Nov 2017, 3:13 pm

dismantling continues, upper loop on phase 3 has been removed completely, helix track is now all gone, but remaining bench work is in the process of being removed, part of upper level bench work leading to the helix and drop bridge has also been removed, i am still in tears as i watch liptonville come apart piece by piece, and i am in tears also over the fact that i may be left out for the new layout. RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 17 Nov 2017, 3:04 pm

dismantling still continues, remains of helix bench work is now removed, as well as outer panels on lower level, but still a ways to go yet, even more depressing is the fact of TTfan always sitting out when his hands can be of use to dismantle as well as my dad, the builder's seem to nneed to get buzzed out before every visit, almost thinking i need to take a stand and say i won;t go if these actions continue. RIP liptonville
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 18 Nov 2017, 5:45 pm

It is sad to see the setup come down but, as I have said at least five times now, there is no other choice as its current home is going to be sold at some point in the coming spring. In response to 1mtvfan's continued and frustration-inducing criticism of the train length (and subsequent weight) rule, I only have the following things to say:

-A longer and heavier train means more locomotives.
-More locomotives means more power usage.
-More power usage means a higher monthly electrical bill (seeing as our locomotives use electricity to operate).

In response to the criticism of me not doing very much in terms of helping to dismantle the LCVRR, the only thing that I will say is that I have my reasons.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 18 Nov 2017, 6:36 pm

TigerTankFan wrote:It is sad to see the setup come down but, as I have said at least five times now, there is no other choice as its current home is going to be sold at some point in the coming spring. In response to 1mtvfan's continued and frustration-inducing criticism of the train length (and subsequent weight) rule, I only have the following things to say:

-A longer and heavier train means more locomotives.
-More locomotives means more power usage.
-More power usage means a higher monthly electrical bill (seeing as our locomotives use electricity to operate).

In response to the criticism of me not doing very much in terms of helping to dismantle the LCVRR, the only thing that I will say is that I have my reasons.

Same old excuses, lame, i will not operate under BS rules and garbage, so it may be that i am left out of the new layout should the BS rules and garbage cross over, and i still say there is NO reason at all why TTFan should sit out on the work, so with that said, if he sits out on another work session, I will do the same, even if it delays the progress. once again, RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:14 pm

No dismantling today, chose to sit it out, as i know TTfan would do, so i'm facing another boring weekday afternoon. RIP liptonville Sad thanks for 2.5 years of fun
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 21 Nov 2017, 2:03 pm

another day of dismantling work lost, and another long and boring afternoon Sad no thanks to TigerTankfan's childish lack of effort on helping to dismantle the layout. RIP liptopnville Sad but it feels good to make good on my threat to stop going to dismantle the layout alone
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 22 Nov 2017, 1:46 pm

While I wasn't wanting to use time explaining this matter, the fact that 1mtvfan continues to be abusive and rude towards me has left me with no choice. The reason why I didn't make any effort to help dismantle the LCVR yesterday (11/21/2017) is because I was doing a BGRN cast on YouLive (which resulted in me receiving some very much unwanted but mostly minor criticism) when I was asked about the matter. I'll be going to the setup if another plan doesn't work out however, and I'm really hoping that this will be enough to put 1mtvfan's criticism to bed for a while. I will also admit that I've got some concerns about another issue related to 1mtvfan, but its better for everyone if I keep the details about these concerns to myself.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum