» Daily Chit Chat
Train sets! - Page 8 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Train sets! - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Train sets! - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
Train sets! - Page 8 Vote_l14Train sets! - Page 8 Voting14Train sets! - Page 8 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Train sets!

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Train sets! - Page 8 Empty Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

i am also still looking for some more cylindrical grain hoppers, and also anything of interest in the way of model buildings and track-side scenery, so feel free to offer some up if you have any laying about or know how to come about them
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Train sets! - Page 8 Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 08 Aug 2017, 11:39 am

Its unlikely that me & 1mtvfan's grandmother will recover from her kidney disease but your best wishes are appreciated brandon. As for the setup, things remain the same for the most part.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3457

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 08 Aug 2017, 12:27 pm

our grandmother is not going to get better, but i still refuse to operate on the skeleton formerly known as the LVCRR so my transport runs are continuing as i still feel this is the only option i have left, as my requests to install landscaping on the skeleton have constantly been denied, and i have had enough of being told to change my priorities to match the conformity BS, even if it means cutting my evenings short  and knocking off early every night. and as of August, it has been 6 months since i have operated any trains on the skeleton. and there's no point in operating there anymore since it's as good as dead now. goodbye liptonville. Sad you will be missed dearly.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 14 Aug 2017, 7:47 pm

coming up on 7 months for my boycott, which has been ALL summer now, and going on into the fall and winter.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 14 Aug 2017, 8:14 pm

Unfortunately the hospitalization of myself & 1mtvfan's grandmother has made it virtually impossible for any of us to visit the setup (as the one person living in the current home of it is spending as much time has he can with his dying mother). There is an issue with a "home alarm system" as well, but I'm trying quite hard to get this to a point where I can handle it on my own (in order for me to get my locomotives and rolling stock packed up and brought home).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 14 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm

goodbye liptonville, you will be missed Sad it's gone for us all now, thanks for 3.5 years of fun you gave us
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 15 Aug 2017, 10:38 pm

and dismantling STILL hasn't started yet, I'm SICK of this BS WAITING GAME! but i am still committed to
bagging up my equipment and transporting it home load by load, no matter how long it takes.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 17 Aug 2017, 5:21 pm

good thing i haven't got much equipment left to bring home now, hopefully one or two more loads and it will be all home, RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 17 Aug 2017, 10:20 pm

Got a bit of an update here. There is a plan to get the setup's current home "on the market" by the spring of 2018 "as is" but its anyone's guess if this will actually happen or not (since neither our dad nor our uncle has decided to put up the cash needed to fix the many issues that the building has just yet). This gives me quite a bit of time to enjoy the setup in its current form before it has to be disassembled. As for the setup's future, the plan to reassemble it (albeit in a heavily condensed form) in some attic space that belongs to myself & 1mtvfan's parents is still in effect. I have to admit that I'm not exactly thrilled about the prospect of possibly having to permanently box up some of my model freight cars (two of them are equivalent to 89' long) but such is out of my hands for the most part.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 18 Aug 2017, 9:42 am

and i refuse to run anything on any layout with BS rules about length and weight in place, so it's looking likely that my equipment will stay packed up for the near future. Rip liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 20 Aug 2017, 10:39 pm

another month and STILL NOTHING has been done to dismantle the layout formerly known as liptonville, F***ing sick of the waiting, had to wait ALL SUMMER LONG 2 YEARS STRAIGHT for landscaping, AND ALL IN VAIN! SICK OF WAITING!
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:00 pm

1mtvfan wrote:our grandmother is not going to get better, but i still refuse to operate on the skeleton formerly known as the LVCRR so my transport runs are continuing as i still feel this is the only option i have left, as my requests to install landscaping on the skeleton have constantly been denied, and i have had enough of being told to change my priorities to match the conformity BS, even if it means cutting my evenings short  and knocking off early every night. and as of August, it has been 6 months since i have operated any trains on the skeleton. and there's no point in operating there anymore since it's as good as dead now. goodbye liptonville. Sad you will be missed dearly.

1mtvfan wrote:coming up on 7 months for my boycott, which has been ALL summer now, and going on into the fall and winter.

1mtvfan wrote:goodbye liptonville, you will be missed Sad it's gone for us all now, thanks for 3.5 years of fun you gave us

1mtvfan wrote:and dismantling STILL hasn't started yet, I'm SICK of this BS WAITING GAME! but i am still committed to
bagging up my equipment and transporting it home load by load, no matter how long it takes.

1mtvfan wrote:good thing i haven't got much equipment left to bring home now, hopefully one or two more loads and it will be all home, RIP liptonville Sad

TigerTankFan wrote:Got a bit of an update here. There is a plan to get the setup's current home "on the market" by the spring of 2018 "as is" but its anyone's guess if this will actually happen or not (since neither our dad nor our uncle has decided to put up the cash needed to fix the many issues that the building has just yet). This gives me quite a bit of time to enjoy the setup in its current form before it has to be disassembled. As for the setup's future, the plan to reassemble it (albeit in a heavily condensed form) in some attic space that belongs to myself & 1mtvfan's parents is still in effect. I have to admit that I'm not exactly thrilled about the prospect of possibly having to permanently box up some of my model freight cars (two of them are equivalent to 89' long) but such is out of my hands for the most part.

1mtvfan wrote:and i refuse to run anything on any layout with BS rules about length and weight in place, so it's looking likely that my equipment will stay packed up for the near future. Rip liptonville Sad  

Sorry to hear things are not doing well with your #train_set , any ideas when dismantling and re locating will begin?

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! - Page 8 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Train sets! - Page 8 Social10Train sets! - Page 8 Social11Train sets! - Page 8 Youtub13Train sets! - Page 8 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:13 pm

well, the relocating of equipment has already begun, all we are waiting on is the dismantling
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:41 pm

As it stands now, the setup will be dismantled and moved at some point in the spring of 2018. There are no guarantees associated with this plan however, as its builder still has employment obligations to deal with first.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:43 pm

thus making the wait even longer and more painful when it doesn't need to be, the sooner it is done, the
less the pain and suffering will be, last half of 2017 melts down to nothing but misery and boredom, no better than last year Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 22 Aug 2017, 11:45 pm

I also need to mention that moving the setup won't be the easiest of tasks to complete, as it is 60' long. Unfortunately I'm not sure how wide it is at present, but I do know that it will have to be significantly compressed in order to fit in the attic space that has been allocated for/to it. As I've mentioned before, I'm not exactly overjoyed about having to compress the setup (which will be renamed after its move), but I reluctantly accept the fact that it can't be helped on account of the illness currently affecting me and 1mtvfan's grandmother (who turned 94 on 8/22/2017 by the way).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:44 am

well it needs to be dismantled NOW! not later, the sooner it starts, the sooner the misery can end, however, if the BS rules about length and weight remain in place, i refuse to operate ANYTHING, and my equipment will stay packed up, and out of view
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 24 Aug 2017, 4:55 pm

RIP liptonville, 2015- 2017 Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 25 Aug 2017, 5:56 pm

one more transit run soon to collect my remaining items from the former liptonville site. Then i am finished for the rest of 2017. Rip liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 26 Aug 2017, 1:48 pm

Got some new information to pass along here. It turns out that there is more attic space available for the setup than first thought. The bed in half of this space cannot be removed however, which creates an issue for the building of a new setup (this will need a new name as well, but that's a low priority at the present time).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 26 Aug 2017, 7:04 pm

well, it may be just @tigertankfan running on this new layout, but i have yet to see what the new set layout will look like before making any further judgement
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 30 Aug 2017, 5:46 pm

the shuttle runs continue, but they are winding down, well for me anyway, i just have a few more items to bring home, hopefully i can fit everything i have left into one load, and with that one last load, i will be out of the picture for the remainder of the year. RIP liptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:52 pm

1mtvfan wrote:the shuttle runs continue, but they are winding down, well for me anyway, i just have a few more items to bring home, hopefully i can fit everything i have left into one load, and with that one last load, i will be out of the picture for the remainder of the year. RIP liptonville Sad

at least until the dismantling starts, but i am SICK of the agonizingly long and needlessly long wait
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 04 Sep 2017, 12:25 pm

update, still NO action to dismantle the layout formerly know as Liptonville. SICK OF THE BS WAITING GAME! JUST END THE AGONY NOW!
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 04 Sep 2017, 3:29 pm

Hi all! got a chance to visit the setup after a month long absence recently, and things are still in place. I've packed up a few more pieces of rolling stock though, so I only have one locomotive and boxcar on the setup now. The setup's builder has all of his steam locomotives on it as well, but I'm going to try and help him pack these when the need & time to undertake such work comes.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 04 Sep 2017, 6:37 pm

yes, they will soon be the last locomotives to operate on the layout after @tigertankfan and i have begun the process of packing up our things and sporadically moving as many of them as we can physically move all at once and bringing them home from the layout. RIP LIptonville Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum