No user

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Train sets!

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Train sets! - Page 4 Empty Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

i am also still looking for some more cylindrical grain hoppers, and also anything of interest in the way of model buildings and track-side scenery, so feel free to offer some up if you have any laying about or know how to come about them
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Train sets! - Page 4 Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 30 May 2017, 4:02 pm

yes, but too little progress
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Tue 30 May 2017, 4:19 pm

It seems you aren't making a lot of progress on the train set. Just slowing working at it when you can Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 30 May 2017, 6:32 pm

yup, but it's going to go backwards if the landscaping is still unfinished by spring next year
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 01 Jun 2017, 1:20 pm

update, may go over to the set and start packing up my locos and equipment at some point in the near future, as it is not looking good that the landscaping project will start anytime soon, so that means packing up my equipment is about the only option i have left, as sad as it is. i am SICK of the waiting and foot dragging every time i mention the issue, so i will be starting the process soon. Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 03 Jun 2017, 5:13 pm

It seems it will be a slow process there. With packing everything up and starting it all over again when the time is right. Thanks for the update Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 03 Jun 2017, 6:50 pm

the planned area for the set to go isn't great, but i'm sure there is little i can do other than accept it, or make do with a simple 4'X8' figure 8 on a plywood sheet.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 03 Jun 2017, 9:15 pm

Unfortunately a number of issues (including employment & family health ones) along with personnel shortages have pushed progression of the setup into a "secondary" role. I'll admit that such is frustrating, but model railroading is becoming a very expensive hobby nowadays and everyone has personal priorities (such as clothing & food). As for the setup itself, it still exists as of this posting but such will definitely be coming down once myself and 1mtvfan's last living grandparent passes away & our uncle places the building on the real estate market. I for one am not looking forward to this, but its something that can't be avoided (as the above party has set their heart on this plan). Also, I did manage to visit the setup twice this week and had a solo operating session. It did have some electrical issues recently, but the cause turned out to be very minor and was easily corrected.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sat 03 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm

1mtvfan wrote:yeah, because the coupler mounts between the flat car and my three main locos were set differently

1mtvfan wrote:ergo the shim

1mtvfan wrote:yes, it means the coupler height issue is pretty much solved

1mtvfan wrote:it is pretty solved, just need to test it

1mtvfan wrote:at this rate it looks the new shim test wont happen until fall or winter at the earliest, if at all, because there has still been NO landscaping work to commence yet, so it means i sit out on running sessions for yet another summer, making me miserable for 2 years straight. Sad

1mtvfan wrote:bound to happen when personnel are Awol or pull no show

1mtvfan wrote:update, was able to get down to the set and test the new shim, which has worked to some degree, but more testing is in order as there are still some issues to sort out, was also able to get two new containers down there as well, but the further testing will have to wait as the builder is continuing to drag his god damn feet on the landscaping issue, so it means my summer is again wrecked for yet another year.  

1mtvfan wrote:yes, but too little progress

1mtvfan wrote:update, may go over to the set and start packing up my locos and equipment at some point in the near future, as it is not looking good that the landscaping project will start anytime soon, so that means packing up my equipment is about the only option i have left, as sad as it is. i am SICK of the waiting and foot dragging every time i mention the issue, so i will be starting the process soon. Sad

1mtvfan wrote:the planned area for the set to go isn't great, but i'm sure there is little i can do other than accept it, or make do with a simple 4'X8' figure 8 on a plywood sheet.

Thanks for the #updates on the status of your #train_set .

@1mtvfan Isn't the train set gonna be taken down and re located in the somewhat foreseeable future anyway? Why bother adding anything else to the current set up, when your only gonna have to take it all down anyway. It would be smart to put off adding anything else until after the re location is complete. Then it will probably be easier to add on to the train set in terms of decorating and stuff because it will be in the same house as you. Wink
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 03 Jun 2017, 11:02 pm

well, my grandmother still has a few more years of life in her still, so the landscaping plan can get into motion before she kicks off, and until that plan gets into motion, i remain on my boycott for the summer, and may extend it into the fall and winter, which will make for an even more miserable year, because it means i may also be forced to pack my things away and keep them packed up until i can get a small oval track on a board together and will most likely have to make do with that, as part of the area planned for the set has been ordered to be left as a bedroom, which makes no sense at all, and means we will have to do major work to condense the tracks.And that is not what the set was built for
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 05 Jun 2017, 6:44 pm

Summer boycott continues,along with the misery and boredom Sad SadSad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 08 Jun 2017, 5:28 pm

Was at the setup's home yesterday (6/7/2017) but chose to sit with me & 1mtvfan's grandmother rather than running trains.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 08 Jun 2017, 6:24 pm

boredom continues
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 09 Jun 2017, 2:21 pm

1mtvfan wrote:well, my grandmother still has a few more years of life in her still, so the landscaping plan can get into motion before she kicks off, and until that plan gets into motion, i remain on my boycott for the summer, and may extend it into the fall and winter, which will make for an even more miserable year, because it means i may also be forced to pack my things away and keep them packed up until i can get a small oval track on a board together and will most likely have to make do with that, as part of the area planned for the set has been ordered to be left as a bedroom, which makes no sense at all, and means we will have to do major work to condense the tracks.And that is not what the set was built for

That's up to you then I suppose.

TigerTankFan wrote:Was at the setup's home yesterday (6/7/2017) but chose to sit with me & 1mtvfan's grandmother rather than running trains.

Oh well that is cool, it is always nice to spend time with family. Smile

P.s Expect another topic split anytime now guys, as we are already past the magic 999 post limit, we are now into the thousands, so I would expect the system to split this topic within the next 20 posts or so. I just noticed how many posts it has and wanted to give you guys the heads up so you aren't surprised when the split comes.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 09 Jun 2017, 2:36 pm

Noted, and it is getting even more like likely i will be going to the layout to pack my things away in prep for the big move out of the set's current area. And it is also looking like idea of making hopes in the walls of the third floor of my house is unlikely, as my mom has refused to allow the removal of  the bed on the one side of the wall., so it leaves the other open side for the layout, and that is hardly an adequate space for my liking as a layout, as it will not even hold HALF of my equipment, so it may be looking best for me to try for a 4' x 8' board or keep my things packed. and there STILL has been NOTHING  done on the landscaping work on the current set, so the summer of 2017 has lost all hope of being fun, as was the same for summer 2016 Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 11 Jun 2017, 9:30 pm

the packing of my equipment will begin soon, as there will be no further plans to begin ANY type of landscaping work, which is a major shame, because it is what needs to happen, yet it isn't, so i am left with no other option but to pack up my things and wait for the right chance to build a layout on a piece of 4'X8' plywood., because i refuse to operate on anything that is not adequate for my needs
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 14 Jun 2017, 1:26 pm

update, packing will begin either tonight or tomorrow, i am saddened that this seems to be my only option right now, but i feel it the best choice for me, as i am sick of having my plans rejected or dismissed entirely, and i am certain that i will be forced to wait for yet another year for any landscaping work to even start on liptonville, as my dad refuses to get up off his butt and watch BS about the world news or get buzzed out and be lazy all the time, So, as i said, RIP liptonville, gone before its time Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 15 Jun 2017, 8:54 am

1mtvfan wrote:Noted, and it is getting even more like likely i will be going to the layout to pack my things away in prep for the big move out of the set's current area. And it is also looking like idea of making hopes in the walls of the third floor of my house is unlikely, as my mom has refused to allow the removal of  the bed on the one side of the wall., so it leaves the other open side for the layout, and that is hardly an adequate space for my liking as a layout, as it will not even hold HALF of my equipment, so it may be looking best for me to try for a 4' x 8' board or keep my things packed. and there STILL has been NOTHING  done on the landscaping work on the current set, so the summer of 2017 has lost all hope of being fun, as was the same for summer 2016 Sad

1mtvfan wrote:the packing of my equipment will begin soon, as there will be no further plans to begin ANY type of landscaping work, which is a major shame, because it is what needs to happen, yet it isn't, so i am left with no other option but to pack up my things and wait for the right chance to build a layout on a piece of 4'X8'  plywood., because i refuse to operate on anything that is not adequate for my needs

1mtvfan wrote:update, packing will begin either tonight or tomorrow, i am saddened that this seems to be my only option right now, but i feel it the best choice for me, as i am sick of having my plans rejected or dismissed entirely, and i am certain that i will be forced to wait for yet another year for any landscaping work to even start on liptonville, as my dad refuses to get up off his butt and watch BS about the world news or get buzzed out and be lazy all the time, So, as i said, RIP liptonville, gone before its time Sad  

It sure is ashame that you are choosing to pack everything up of yours, but such is up to you I suppose. I guess we will be relaying on @TigerTankFan , for any updates on your #train_set for the rest of the summer. Neutral confused
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 15 Jun 2017, 9:34 am

i am afraid so, because i am starting the pack up tonight after my work today, and will take most likely the weekend to finish
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 15 Jun 2017, 4:34 pm

update, going to rain tonight, so staying home, so my trains get to stay unpacked a day longer
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:41 pm

I was there tonight (6/15/2017) and the recent heating & cooling system work did no damage of any kind to the setup. Operation was delayed for a short time as a result of having to remove the protective coverings placed in advance of the above work & restoring some buildings to their original locations, plus it didn't go very well. As for 1mtvfan's decision to discontinue his involvement in the setup, I have to say that such is disappointing (in addition to being a tad frustrating) but I agree with Brandon in that such is up to him
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:25 am

yup, it is up to me, but i feel it is the right choice for me
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 16 Jun 2017, 6:11 pm

update, packing will start either tonight or tomorrow, had to wait because of my not wanting to walk through more rain
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:30 pm

update, pack up has officially begun, and is nearly complete, just have a few more items to pack away, i am still saddened to have to resort to this, but i feel it must be done if there will be no landscaping work commencing before the end of 2017!
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:55 pm

Brandon wrote:
1mtvfan wrote:Noted, and it is getting even more like likely i will be going to the layout to pack my things away in prep for the big move out of the set's current area. And it is also looking like idea of making hopes in the walls of the third floor of my house is unlikely, as my mom has refused to allow the removal of  the bed on the one side of the wall., so it leaves the other open side for the layout, and that is hardly an adequate space for my liking as a layout, as it will not even hold HALF of my equipment, so it may be looking best for me to try for a 4' x 8' board or keep my things packed. and there STILL has been NOTHING  done on the landscaping work on the current set, so the summer of 2017 has lost all hope of being fun, as was the same for summer 2016 Sad

1mtvfan wrote:the packing of my equipment will begin soon, as there will be no further plans to begin ANY type of landscaping work, which is a major shame, because it is what needs to happen, yet it isn't, so i am left with no other option but to pack up my things and wait for the right chance to build a layout on a piece of 4'X8'  plywood., because i refuse to operate on anything that is not adequate for my needs

1mtvfan wrote:update, packing will begin either tonight or tomorrow, i am saddened that this seems to be my only option right now, but i feel it the best choice for me, as i am sick of having my plans rejected or dismissed entirely, and i am certain that i will be forced to wait for yet another year for any landscaping work to even start on liptonville, as my dad refuses to get up off his butt and watch BS about the world news or get buzzed out and be lazy all the time, So, as i said, RIP liptonville, gone before its time Sad  

It sure is ashame that you are choosing to pack everything up of yours, but such is up to you I suppose. I guess we will be relaying on @TigerTankFan , for any updates on your #train_set for the rest of the summer. Neutral confused

1mtvfan, what you NEED to understand is that u and I are renting rooms in our parents house and, as the property owners, they have the FINAL say in regards to how its interior space is used (and it looks like such has already happened, so there is ZERO point in arguing about the matter). I'll admit that what 3rd floor space is available isn't exactly ideal or suitable for how we want to use it but such is all we've got. I will also say that your recent behaviour in reference to this matter is making the situation noticeably more difficult & frustrating, which is not needed or wanted. Furthermore, u still seem to be completely unaware of the fact that our parents need money to pay for things (which includes the food that you eat every day). As he doesn't have a disability, the ONLY way to get money is to have a job. This work is very tiring (since its mostly physical labor), and our dad's main hobby is staying informed about world events even though we dislike it. Also, in reference to Brandon's comment, I will do my best to keep those following this thread updated but I may be out of town for a few days in either this August or September.

Last edited by TigerTankFan on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 16 Jun 2017, 10:55 pm

Ok, let's not get too personal or into detail here. I don't need another world war 3 here.

Anyway, yeah I am prepared and expecting both you and mtvfan to be absent from here for a couple weeks in August while you guys are on your trip to the cabin.

Last edited by Brandon on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum